Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL extends offer to give 2,500 SM if bags are not delivered within 20 min. to baggage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Link to automated claim form: https://www.delta.com/bags/bagsClaimAutomation.action

Post away DL crediting 2500 miles.
Please list the date, arrival time, and airport and when your bags made it.
  • Sample: 2/23/15 MDT 3:15 PM 28 minutes
Print Wikipost

DL extends offer to give 2,500 SM if bags are not delivered within 20 min. to baggage

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
That would ruin it for this who truly deserve to collect the benefit.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 8:04 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by flyerCO
S sure as soon as you're willing to pickup those added costs.
DL seems unwilling to pick up those added costs. Why should DL's international passengers be treated worse than DL's domestic passengers? Because DL's too cheap?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by GUWonder
DL seems unwilling to pick up those added costs. Why should DL's international passengers be treated worse than DL's domestic passengers? Because DL's too cheap?
Why does UA and AA not even offer the same thing as DL and AS? Start there.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 1:49 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by kettle1
Why does UA and AA not even offer the same thing as DL and AS? Start there.
Well if someone is choosing to fly DL over AA or UA and is checking in luggage with DL, then it's DL that matters. Start there.

Why should DL's domestic passengers with checked luggage be treated better than DL's international passengers in this regard? It's not because of UA and AA.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 7:10 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Here's a fun little story. On Sunday I was on the 9:15 PM ATL-RDU flight with a checked bag. There was horrible weather in the southeast so I ended up standing by on the 10:48 PM flight after my original flight got seriously delayed. My bag was not transferred. The 9:15 PM flight ended up cancelling and my bag was put on a Monday morning flight. Once it arrived, I decided to submit a claim and the miles posted right away. Pretty funny as I didn't show up to RDU to pick up my bag until 5 hours after the flight arrived, I was just curious as to what happen.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:04 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
My flight arrived today at 11:58. My bag clocked in at 12:18.

DRAT!!!!!!!!!

Old Jun 1, 2017, 11:52 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
tl;dr: I went to the claim page and put in my name/SM#/PNR and got instant confirmation of valid claim and 2,500 pesos added to my account right away.

Full story:

Originally ticketed on BWI-JFK-SFO today, but due to low visibility in JFK we were delayed for 3 hours, then near the end of boarding the pilots warned they were within 10 minutes of timing out, boarding door closed, safety demo, then the cabin intercom phone chimed and I knew that couldn't be good news.

We all deplaned, I decided to rebook through ATL and they said my bags would follow me once they were offloaded.

What actually happened, as reported by the app, was that the bags got offloaded, then loaded back onto BWI-JFK so my bag arrived at SFO several hours after me.

I went to the baggage office upon arrival and asked for it to be delivered. The agent helping me said they were using a new service and I would get tracking info texted to me and have to provide a confirmation code. This turned out to be www.roadie.com, which I hadn't heard of but in the "Uber for ___" space where ___ is package delivery. And perhaps unsurprisingly, the driver who delivered my bag is a FlyerTalker! (Though not very active these days he said.)
Old Jun 2, 2017, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Got my first two of these recently with my bag coming out at 24 and 21 minutes respectively (first RDU and second BTV).

Both times the miles posted instantly. It's funny that as 20 minutes approaches I almost start rooting for it to take the extra few minutes since at that point it worth the extra couple minutes for 2500 SkyPesos
Old Jun 11, 2017, 10:39 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Thanks to the unknown Platinum-brag tag on his backpack- who reminded me of this after I expressed surprise at how crowded VPS was on a Saturday night. (Allegiant is apparently doing VPS as a summer focus city, and they're kind of swamping things on their active days). Husband and I just filed what seemed to be successful claims.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: Delta PM
Had a delayed bag BOS-LAX-SYD, got my 2500 peso's and got my bag 3.5 days later. Now I get to wait to see the outcome of the reimbursement case! yay!
Old Jun 12, 2017, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by JayTeaBee
Had a delayed bag BOS-LAX-SYD, got my 2500 peso's and got my bag 3.5 days later. Now I get to wait to see the outcome of the reimbursement case! yay!
? Offer isnt supposed to include international flights.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 12:10 pm

Interesting, I've never read the fine print to know that.... Maybe this means they lost it from BOS to LAX?
Old Jun 12, 2017, 11:09 pm

good to know that you get the same amount of miles for your bag being 21 minutes late and 10+ hours! my bag was put on the wrong flight and was delivered the next morning. was hoping to get slightly more than 2500 considering that they would give 2500 for a bag that's 21 minutes late...
Old Jun 13, 2017, 8:49 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Crossinator
good to know that you get the same amount of miles for your bag being 21 minutes late and 10+ hours! my bag was put on the wrong flight and was delivered the next morning. was hoping to get slightly more than 2500 considering that they would give 2500 for a bag that's 21 minutes late...
The automated system doesn't make accommodations for the length of delay, it simply posts 2,500 miles if the delay is greater than 20 minutes.

For actual compensation/reimbursement you need to file a customer service claim.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:49 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I tried again on a SFO-CVG-RDU with an 8 AM arrival into RDU this Monday.

Landed: 8:08 AM
Parked at Gate: 8:11 AM
My Bag Delivered 8:23 AM

I guess they've still go it. The app even told me when the bag was on the belt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.