Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL extends offer to give 2,500 SM if bags are not delivered within 20 min. to baggage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Link to automated claim form: https://www.delta.com/bags/bagsClaimAutomation.action

Post away DL crediting 2500 miles.
Please list the date, arrival time, and airport and when your bags made it.
  • Sample: 2/23/15 MDT 3:15 PM 28 minutes
Print Wikipost

DL extends offer to give 2,500 SM if bags are not delivered within 20 min. to baggage

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2016, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Bags were delayed coming off of my LAX-JFK flight on Monday...just filed the claim via the website and it gave me an immediate confirmation and immediate posting. Not bad.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 3:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Has anyone asked for the 2500 miles recently in the situation of an international to domestic connection (all DL operated and DL marketed on DL ticket stock) where the bag goes through customs and is rechecked at the port of entry, then arrives more than 20 minutes after arrival of the final domestic segment?
I can report success--my first ever on this offer.

The bag was only one minute late, but it did cause anxiety as the bag tracker was showing that it disappeared into a black hole after entering customs after the international flight so I don't feel bad about claiming my miles for this.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The bag was only one minute late, but it did cause anxiety as the bag tracker was showing that it disappeared into a black hole after entering customs after the international flight so I don't feel bad about claiming my miles for this.
So it was late offloading (1) into the customs hall or (2) from the domestic connection?
Old Jan 21, 2016, 3:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
So it was late offloading (1) into the customs hall or (2) from the domestic connection?
No, it made it into customs as something like #3 bag off, which was great as I have GE.

The tardiness was for delivery following my final domestic connecting segment. It might have been one of the first bags loaded onto that aircraft as I had lots of time for the connection.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 4:30 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Thanks for reporting on whether that worked or not ^
Old Jan 21, 2016, 9:49 pm

Programs: 4MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by CMK10
I had hopes last night at RDU when I saw my claim had a ATL flight, two LGAs and my MSP flight. Even so, MSP bags were out in 16 minutes. I still have not made any miles off this offer
Last week at RDU, bags started up 21 min after landing. Filed a claim and 48 hours later, the miles are in my account.

With how bad things have gotten with baggage at RDU, it is going to be a goldmine for me!
Old Jan 24, 2016, 12:22 pm
mmc

Programs: DL Diamond, QF Gold
Whereas Delta chose not to load one of my bags on a LAX->SEA flight after an international flight and I had to fight to get the measly 2500 SM for the delay (delay at the airport, delay for them getting bag to me after it sat at SEA for 6 hours).

No other comp, nothing other than "oh so sorry" (also an attempt to blame VA despite being DL ticket, VA successfully getting bag to LAX and DL deciding not to load it).
Old Jan 27, 2016, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by mmc
Whereas Delta chose not to load one of my bags on a LAX->SEA flight after an international flight and I had to fight to get the measly 2500 SM for the delay (delay at the airport, delay for them getting bag to me after it sat at SEA for 6 hours).

No other comp, nothing other than "oh so sorry" (also an attempt to blame VA despite being DL ticket, VA successfully getting bag to LAX and DL deciding not to load it).
VA got it to LAX, but when did they turn it over to DL? Since DL is responsible, what's their incentive to do it timely at the potential cost of delaying other bags which they are responsible for?
Old Jan 27, 2016, 12:02 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Thanks to a mechanical problem and resultant equipment change, flight arrived over 2 hours late at BOS on 1/24. From there, bags took over 20 minutes to arrive on carousel, behind those from a number of other flights. I filed a claim online the next morning, and 2,500 bonus miles posted within 24 hours. No subsequent notification/acknowledgement from Delta.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 6:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, GOES
2/4/16 LAX 10:30am 30 minutes

Filed claim later that day, miles credited in about 15 minutes.

I wonder how many pax on that completely full flight knew to submit a claim?
Old Feb 8, 2016, 11:12 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
DL241 ATL-SFO this evening. For some reason my checked bag is on DL1172, even though my flight into ATL arrived early. What's particularly annoying is that they even delayed pushback because another baggage cart showed up and they re-opened the hold. Captain announced "we got word that there were 6 more bags that needed to be loaded, and we know if they were your bags you'd want us to wait."

Guess I'll hang out in the SkyClub for an hour.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Zorak
DL241 ATL-SFO this evening. For some reason my checked bag is on DL1172, even though my flight into ATL arrived early. What's particularly annoying is that they even delayed pushback because another baggage cart showed up and they re-opened the hold. Captain announced "we got word that there were 6 more bags that needed to be loaded, and we know if they were your bags you'd want us to wait."

Guess I'll hang out in the SkyClub for an hour.
Will they give you miles even though your bags aren't on your flight at all?

I don't blame you for waiting, even when they promise expedited delivery they lie. (Baggage agents claimed my bags would be picked up shortly after the flight arrived and have priority getting to me. The subcontractor who actually did the delivery said they only pick up once a day and deliver in whatever order they choose, Delta doesn't get to prioritize.)
Old Feb 9, 2016, 12:14 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by sethb
Will they give you miles even though your bags aren't on your flight at all?
I submitted a complaint on the web site when I got home and woke up to my 2500 pesos. I'd still kinda like to know what happened (I understand mistakes occur, and that's fine) but I guess I'm appeased.

I did wonder, if my bag took > 20 minutes from the arrival of the second flight, whether I could make a double claim but it showed up in like 15-17 minutes, grouped with the priority bags.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 1:21 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Diamond
My bag was delayed off DL 241 as well a week or so ago. Had the yellow priority tag, but was one of the last ones off the plane, not sure what that yellow sticker really does. Submitted the claim and instantly got the 2500.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Siscim23
My bag was delayed off DL 241 as well a week or so ago. Had the yellow priority tag, but was one of the last ones off the plane, not sure what that yellow sticker really does. Submitted the claim and instantly got the 2500.
At some airports, the yellow sticker means the bag comes off last. At least, that was the experience of a friend of mine who lived near one of those, and always asked not to get a sticker on flights home.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.