Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL extends offer to give 2,500 SM if bags are not delivered within 20 min. to baggage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Link to automated claim form: https://www.delta.com/bags/bagsClaimAutomation.action

Post away DL crediting 2500 miles.
Please list the date, arrival time, and airport and when your bags made it.
  • Sample: 2/23/15 MDT 3:15 PM 28 minutes
Print Wikipost

DL extends offer to give 2,500 SM if bags are not delivered within 20 min. to baggage

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2015, 7:39 am

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
So one more datapoint.
FLL-LGA on 5/5 bags took about half an hour to hit the carousel. Submitted on 5/8, just got the rejection email at 1am.

It's not even worth it for them to call a good customer a liar over 2500 miles, even if they lied. When you know for a fact that you spent 25 minutes in baggage claim waiting for the carousel to start, it gets you far more upset then having to wait an extra ~10 minutes for your bags... Only Delta would run a customer good-will program and then use it to piss off customers...
Old May 16, 2015, 8:45 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mother-
So one more datapoint.
FLL-LGA on 5/5 bags took about half an hour to hit the carousel. Submitted on 5/8, just got the rejection email at 1am.
Since I haven't kept up with this thread, and I'm waiting for miles or a rejection letter myself . . . . .

Does the rejection letter state a resaon?
Old May 16, 2015, 9:13 am

Programs: DL, Hyatt, National
Originally Posted by davetravels
Since I haven't kept up with this thread, and I'm waiting for miles or a rejection letter myself . . . . .

Yeah....

Originally Posted by Delta Email
After reviewing your flight information, we found that luggage from
flight DL2590 on February 26,2015 to Tennessee was reported as arriving
on time. Since checked baggage made it to the carousel within 20 minutes
of landing, we are unable to apply the bonus miles to your account.
My response which went unanswered....

Originally Posted by Irritated response
Don't advertise something out of the blue and then flat out deny it to your customers.

40 minute luggage delay at CHA denied tells me clearly you are either flat out refusing to honor your offer or you have baggage handlers or a tracking system that is completely inaccurate.

This is no longer about miles, its about the principle that you offer and promise something then deny it.
I haven't checked a bag since because its been short enough for carry on but that changes in 3 weeks. I'll see if they sped up some.
Old May 16, 2015, 11:00 am

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich

Substitute my particulars for Tibs' and you've got my rejection letter.
Old May 20, 2015, 8:13 pm

It is about the principle. In my personal experience I have to say DL has been very fair with SkyMiles compensation for service failures. Last month I had an unpleasant encounter with a surly bartender in a SkyClub. I reported the details in an email to DL just so this guy's supervisor might hopefully be made aware and other customers spared any recurrence. I didn't ask for and didn't expect any miles or other compensation. They gave me 7500 miles. Last night, the reading light above my seat was broken. I reported it to the cabin crew and they gave me 15,000 miles on the spot, which I thought was very fair. As I previously posted, I've only made one claim under the baggage guarantee, the first bags from the flight didn't start coming down the carousel for at least 40 minutes, mine took even longer despite having priority tags, and so it was a bad surprise to be denied the 2500 miles and basically be called a liar by DL. If surveyed for JD Power, this experience will obviously hurt not help my evaluation of the company.
Old May 20, 2015, 8:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is there an e-mail address for appeals?
Old May 20, 2015, 8:26 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ConcordeOrphan
. . . . . it was a bad surprise to be denied the 2500 miles and basically be called a liar by DL.
What did the denial letter say? Did you follow up on it???

I'm still waiting for a reply on mine that I flew last Thursday and filed on Friday.
Old May 20, 2015, 8:33 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is there an e-mail address for appeals?
http://www.supremecourt.gov/contact/contactus.aspx
Old May 20, 2015, 9:28 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
I haven't had an issue with filling in the information online. So far, it's been a gain of 10,000 miles from this "guarantee."

On another note, I also went online to complain about the Sky Priority bags being the last off the plane and got another 7,500 miles for the complaint. Next time, the bags Priority bags were out first.
Old May 20, 2015, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
On another note, I also went online to complain about the Sky Priority bags being the last off the plane and got another 7,500 miles for the complaint.

Next time, the bags Priority bags were out first.
Too bad ! ! !

Last edited by davetravels; May 20, 2015 at 9:49 pm
Old May 26, 2015, 12:08 pm

Flying ATL/PIT (ONLY) yesterday, I checked 3 bags. The flight was scheduled to arrive at 5:20PM. We arrived at 5:00 - 20 minutes early. According to DL.com, one bag arrived at 5:27, one at 5:28 and one at 5:29. I guess I should be eligible for the 20 minute bonus even though the flight was early.

That said, when I view my baggage status online, for all 3 bags it says:

May 14, 2015 05:28:00 PM PIT Bag in Customs Area

I submitted the claim online. I wonder if they'll try'n get out of paying the bonus by saying that my flight was international with US Customs.
UPDATE:

I filed for the delayed baggage miles on May 15, and the miles posted on May 20! No questions asked - No fuss - No muss!

Thanx, Delta!

Old May 27, 2015, 2:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Is this an offer
Old Jun 5, 2015, 9:00 am

Programs: DL-PM
Finally a response from my rebuttal in January. Delta Tech support responded and credited me with the 2,500 miles after I had cited the terms of the promotion. Only took about 4 months for them to figure that out though.

Have another pending submission, 5/25 PHX bags took 25 minutes, no response as of yet.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 12:35 pm

Took a flight into JFK 2 weeks ago. The bags took 45 minutes to come out. Delta finally credited 2500 points today.

I did not pay for the bag since I got sky priority and a upgrade to business class since my wife is a silver medallion.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Seabilly
Final update. Got a reply this evening saying they would post 2500 miles to my account within 3 days "as a goodwill gesture". They should have done that on my first request, not my third follow up but it doesn't matter, it is over and I'm not flying Delta any more until after the promotion is over so I can go back to hanging out at the sky club when I arrive home rather that at baggage claim timing delivery.
Final final update. These original miles were given to me as "Customer Relations Bonus Miles". Today I got a second response to my last email to them back in March apologizing for the delay and telling me to miles had been posted. I checked my account and a new entry was made, dated the day of my flight, for another 2500 miles. This time identified as being for the baggage guarantee. The customer relation bonus miles are also still there.

I hadn't sent in any more emails to delta after they told me they'd give me the miles as a good will gesture in March so not really sure why the second response unless they are trying to fix some of the problems in rolling out the program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.