Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2015, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Renes Points
On 6FEB15 Delta removed award charts on Delta.com. Below are links to the published charts from 2015 hosted by blogs at boardingarea.com and upgrd.com.

Generic US, Alaska & Canada charts from 2015: Coach class Business class

TRAVEL FROM THE U.S. & CANADA (EXCLUDES HAWAII): Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM HAWAII: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM MEXICO: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM THE CARIBBEAN: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM CENTRAL AMERICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM NORTHERN SOUTH AMERICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM SOUTHERN SOUTH AMERICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM EUROPE: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM THE MIDDLE EAST: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM AFRICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM SOUTH AFRICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM THE SOUTH ASIAN SUBCONTINENT: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM NORTHERN ASIA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM SOUTHEAST ASIA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM THE SOUTHWEST PACIFIC: Coach Class and Business Class

For fare codes 1-5 see this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1648303-new-dl-award-buckets.html
Print Wikipost

Where is Delta’s award chart?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The former pages are still in Google's caches and can be retrieved if you want snapshots.

There's no conspiracy regarding the Wayback Machine. It only does snapshots every so often and has not done one since the pages were published. It does have the PDF that was published for North American awards awhile ago -- https://web.archive.org/web/20140717...5SMP-award.pdf
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:35 pm
tsz

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...chart-details/

Here's on with different region pairs, but only at the lowest level.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:36 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Get it while you can!

While DL has managed not to get archive.org to save it, some pages are still in google cache. GET IT WHILE YOU CAN - NOW!

Step 1: go to
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...ge-charts.html

Step 2: open a second browser window and type in: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:

Then copy and paste the URLs from the first window into the second one (after the : ) and load up the award charts and print to PDF. US49/CA and HI ones are already gone, but others still appear to be there. It may only last seconds, minutes, or hours longer in google cache, that only keeps one copy of the page and wipes it out frequently, so save the charts now, as tomorrow, or even an hour later, may be too late (literaly).
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:51 pm
Suspended

Went to united.bomb and uploaded their pdf award chart into my Google drive as well. Just in case UA gets the idea...
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:57 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Went to united.bomb and uploaded their pdf award chart into my Google drive as well. Just in case UA gets the idea...
@:-)^@:-) Smart thinking. Let me do the same.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:58 pm

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
This was the final straw.

Just donated the remaining balance in my account to charity. Then called SkyMiles and had them close my account. The representative was obviously not used to that sort of request and didn't even ask me why.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 10:02 pm
Suspended

Removing the award chart that has fixed award redemption levels was probably inevitable considering the married segment award logic that has been implemented.
Since the "logic" can lead in theory to any possible outcome, a corresponding chart would be impossible to construct.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
DL continues to validate my decision to stop purchasing 006 stock tickets. After almost 20yrs I've purchased (with actual cash) my first non-DL ticket a couple of weeks ago. Once my SM balance is gone, I'm done.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
This is a really weak move and the transparency on the entire issue is very alarming as someone who follows the miles/points game closely. I hope on Monday this is just spun as more of an "oversight", but I am not holding my breath. At least with a true revenue based program you know how much a point is worth.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by adambadam
This is a really weak move and the transparency on the entire issue is very alarming as someone who follows the miles/points game closely. I hope on Monday this is just spun as more of an "oversight", but I am not holding my breath. At least with a true revenue based program you know how much a point is worth.
@DeltaAssist has been confirming this as intentional for the most of the day. It would take a sizable shovel to back-pedal this one. Not that DL management doesn't have those in stock.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by adambadam
Given the evidence we've seen, including their tweet, it would be hard for them to spin it much. Maybe something along the lines of, "Well, the award calendar never corresponded with the chart anyway, so we just eliminated the conflict."

Mike
Old Feb 6, 2015, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
This seems pretty consistent behavior for DL.

They have generally behaved like they were doing you a favor by letting you use your miles. I have problems with other domestic airlines and the changes they've implemented. DL usually seems to top the list, though.

Luckily, I burned 3 NW million miles in the twelve month period after the merger was announced. Finding low awards the last few years took more time to spend 200k than the 3 million.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 10:34 pm

Programs: Delta, United
Originally Posted by tsz
This is really bad—it looks like they intentionally stopped search engines from crawling that page so that there's no record of it left?
I wonder how long it will take Delta to start issuing DMCA take down notices to those website that did a screen shot of the NA award levels and have posted them?
Old Feb 6, 2015, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
For those keeping track

DL/NW first sent out a promotional email in January 2009, and hidden in the body of the email was, "Oh, and Platinum members (top tier at the time) no longer get free changes on award tickets". Just the first of many sneaky actions by DL.

They also planned to cut companion award upgrades, then. After the ruckus some of us caused, they quickly pulled back on that. Memos were sent to some phone agents detailing the companion change, but were quickly retracted.

This is the first of 'a thousand cuts' to the members of its frequent flyer program. Perhaps we could document all the major actions in a Wiki? If you read everything in one place, you'd be pretty amazed.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Downloaded everything and will post to my blog. Shame on Delta...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.