Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

So, GoGo is officially a joke at this point, right?

So, GoGo is officially a joke at this point, right?

Old Feb 20, 2015, 10:32 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by Tomphot
I now look forward to my flights as the only time in my life when I'm off the grid.
This. NC headphones and a book (an analogue book) and I'm happy as a clam.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 7:39 pm

Programs: DL Platinum 1MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Hi all. Has GoGo always blocked streaming audio? I'm on DL 758 and I'm trying to stream tunein.com and nada. It worked last November. Thoughts? Thanks

Last edited by FLYPWM; Feb 21, 2015 at 7:53 pm
Old Feb 22, 2015, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by FLYPWM
Hi all. Has GoGo always blocked streaming audio? I'm on DL 758 and I'm trying to stream tunein.com and nada. It worked last November. Thoughts? Thanks
So you're the person slowing down the wifi for everybody. Even if it were not blocked, IMO it's bad etiquette to stream any media via the in-flight Internet accessi (not including media streamed over intranet, e.g. Delta Studio).
Old Feb 22, 2015, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by FLYPWM
It's been pretty hit and miss for me with google music. I don't think they block it outright but they may give it a low QoS, so it only works when the service is wide open.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:59 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by comptr
Well I am flying a red-eye flight so I will try it but if it is bad as everyone says in this thread I will just take a nap and try to get some sleep before landing at my destination.
Take a nap.

Between the man-in-the-middle certs it tries to force now (use a VPN that routes ALL traffic if you have one immediately after you authenticate) and the abysmal bandwidth shared by all and sundry, it's just not worth the aggravation.

Back in 2007 I could VPN in, sit on a low-bandwidth-codec audio conference bridge, RDP a remote computer, and have the skies as an extension of my office. Last week I couldn't even get GChat, AIM, or Lync to stay connected.

Get a good pair of headphones, fire up some binaural tones and try not to wake your neighbor with your snoring.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 7:27 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I used it on two flights today. The first was a pre-dawn departure and as I was one of the few awake it worked quite well. The second (which I'm on now) has far more people using it and it's problematic. It took two minutes to log into AmericanExpress.com. I think I'll shut my laptop in a minute, it's barely worth bother with when it's like this
Old May 28, 2015, 7:56 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
gogo has officially lost its sh@t. Got this email today:

"Dear SOBE ER DOC,

We want to inform you of changes to your Gogo Unlimited subscription.

Since purchasing your subscription over a year ago, your price has remained unchanged for the past year despite increased prices for all new customers. Effective 06/27/2015, the price of your Gogo service is scheduled to increase from $44.95/month to $59.95/month and is guaranteed for the subsequent year.

No action is required to continue your subscription. You may cancel your subscription at any time by emailing us at [email protected] or visiting Customer Care for more information."

So I'm going to pay 1/3 for internet service that is a joke? I appreciated the paragraph on cancelling my subscription. I did just that. I'm looking forward to my new lack of in-flight connectivity. Kindle, here I come!
Old May 28, 2015, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
There is no motivation for Gogo to improve their service, since they are the only game in town. Hopefully they'll get the message when everyone except the workaholic business traveler stops using their service.
Old May 28, 2015, 10:06 pm

Programs: -- DL DM, MR Lifetime TE, HH Diamond, National Something???
I have been a monthly subscriber since the beginning I think and today after receiving the email that the price was increasing $10/month, I cancelled my subscription. Now, I can go back to my favorite pass time on a flight -- sleeping
Old May 29, 2015, 2:27 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by Lane412000
I have been a monthly subscriber since the beginning I think and today after receiving the email that the price was increasing $10/month, I cancelled my subscription.
Same here. $60/month is my tipping point.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 9:28 am

Programs: Delta PM, USAir SM, Starwood SPG, AVIS President's Club
cancelled mine as well - seems like every time i really need to use it, the service is agonizingly slow - to the point where I don't even bother on short flights anymore.

I was willing to accept that as a trade-off based on usage, but at $60 a month I'll just buy when I want to use it.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
$60/month, seriously? The last two times I used it, one was so bad I complained and got a free pass, and then using the free one service was intermittent and borderline unusable.

I don't think you can pre-pay for an international pass anymore either. Now its full on-plane pricing for tpac/tatl.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 10:11 am

Programs: DL: PM, MR: Plat, AMEX Plat
I cancelled my subscription in March. I found the simple act of reviewing and responding to email, and reading news sites tediously slow. Plus my iPad would lose connectivity on just about every flight and I'd have to re-find the Gogo signal.

My only hope for Gogo is they are raising prices to reduce bandwidth demand, attempting to make the service better for remaining customers.

I noticed they're hiring for a marketing director...perhaps I'll apply.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Sousaphil
I cancelled my subscription in March. I found the simple act of reviewing and responding to email, and reading news sites tediously slow. Plus my iPad would lose connectivity on just about every flight and I'd have to re-find the Gogo signal.

My only hope for Gogo is they are raising prices to reduce bandwidth demand, attempting to make the service better for remaining customers.

I noticed they're hiring for a marketing director...perhaps I'll apply.
Same here...I cancelled too. On AA the T Mobile on all of the INT flights has been pretty good for me and only $19 for the 14 hour flight. .
Old Jun 2, 2015, 10:50 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite
I was still on the $39.95 deal, 50% increase is a joke for such a poor service. Cancellation email sent, I will make do with buying occasional passes if I need it. Maybe it will be faster for those still using it if enough people cancel.
Looking out for the 'please come back' offers to see how desperate they are to recover lost revenue.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.