Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AS Flights showing as 0 miles on Delta Skymiles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2015, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Plat, HHonors Diamond, National Executive

Hi,
I apologize if this was already asked (i searched but didn't find anything).

I recently took a few flights on alaska using my delta ff#. I understand that the accrual rates have changed, and collected the appropriate miles/mqm's on 3 of the 5 flights. However, I received 0 miles with a reason code "N". On both these flights, I received an upgrade from Alaska, so i'm not sure if that's what's causing the issue with delta (fare classes not transferring over). Pleaes let me know if any of you guys are having the same issues.

Thanks.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 4:11 pm

Programs: skymiles

same here on flt 8 Jan just did another on wed 28 Jan will chk not day
Old Jan 29, 2015, 5:16 pm

Programs: DL DM, DL SkyClub, DL AmEx Plat, SPG +, Hilton Silver, Hertz, Thrifty BlueChip, NEXUS/GE

The upgrade quirk has hit before, but they have fare classes that don't qualify for RDM/MQM too. Check DL.com for partner earnings and look at valid fares. If not listed, it doesn't earn miles of any version. If your receipt shows a valid fare, email it AND your BP to DL.com and they will credit.

Again, sometimes upgrades "recode" and DL sees the ticket as not valid, even if it actually is.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Plat, HHonors Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by OnTheSlopes
The upgrade quirk has hit before, but they have fare classes that don't qualify for RDM/MQM too. Check DL.com for partner earnings and look at valid fares. If not listed, it doesn't earn miles of any version. If your receipt shows a valid fare, email it AND your BP to DL.com and they will credit.

Again, sometimes upgrades "recode" and DL sees the ticket as not valid, even if it actually is.
Hi, Yes, the fares were valid per the DL earnings chart, but the fares were recoded based on the upgrade. Thanks for the info, I'll email Delta.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: On a collision course with Kettledom
This has been a real struggle for me -- I'm on my 4th communication with DL via fax and e-mail.

I have 3 uncredited AS flights because I received upgrades due to my DL Plat status. DL replies that a "U" fare class is ineligible for any kind of DL credit. Of course, I booked in R and M classes for these flights, but the boarding pass says "U" due to the upgrade. The only flight they credited was one where I didn't get the upgrade (of course, it was on the exact same fare as the return segment, where I did get an upgrade and no mileage credit).

And I'm on another AS flight tomorrow -- just got upgraded.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 8:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Would it help to do OLCI and print a boarding pass before getting upgraded, just to have a boarding pass without the class U to show to DL? Or does checking in remove you from the upgrade list?
Old Feb 7, 2015, 8:45 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by seatownflyer
Hi, Yes, the fares were valid per the DL earnings chart, but the fares were recoded based on the upgrade. Thanks for the info, I'll email Delta.
Enjoy being able to see the earnings chart while you can.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Would it help to do OLCI and print a boarding pass before getting upgraded, just to have a boarding pass without the class U to show to DL? Or does checking in remove you from the upgrade list?
I have my ticket receipt to show DL with the original booking code, but they don't seem capable of reading that far. This has not been a problem in previous years, I fly AS a LOT.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 9:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Enjoy being able to see the earnings chart while you can.
I hope people are saving them while we still can.

I was careful to save the T&Cs on my old SWUs.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The 3rd fax did it, got the right MQMs and MQSs, but was shortchanged on base miles (50% instead of 100% for my M fares. I'm stopping while I'm still sort of ahead.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 10:53 pm

Programs: free agent
I've been having the same problem with all my flights on AS this year so far. Great to get the complimentary upgrades, but haven't had any success getting the MQMs or MQS yet. Five or six emails to DL CS so far, with original ticket receipts and BPs ... no luck. They just keep saying that U class is ineligible for mileage credit.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-upgraded.html
Old Feb 8, 2015, 2:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Easy solution...credit to AS where the miles mean something

Wonder if this is 'another shoe that's about to drop' enhancement precursor?
Old Feb 9, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: free agent
Update: finally got the flights credited. Like the OP, they were present in my account detail, but with a reason code of "N", with 0 miles and 0 segments. I had received upgrades on the problem children.

After sending the eTicket receipts and boarding passes a couple of times, DL CS finally changed the reason code to "D" and the MQSs and MQMs are now correct.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL PM
Glad I found this thread, I have an AS flight that also was UG'd on both ways and got the N in my SM account. Only one write-in to DL so far with no reply but at least I'll be able to point them in a direction.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 4:53 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Titanium, National Car Exec Elite
I had no luck contacting @deltaassist, so I used the comment/complaint form to send a PDF copy of my original ticket purchase showing R class and a copy of my boarding pass. I'm glad I've been snapping photos of my boarding passes lately.

They credited the miles/MQM within one hour. Sounds like I was lucky re: speed of posting, others seem to contact Delta multiple times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.