Wiki Posts
Search

2015 DM packet has arrived!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2015, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The envelope also contained two steel bag tag fastening cables wrapped in thin cellophane with a small chunk of thin white cardboard. They look exactly like the fasteners that were distributed by SC dragons the last few years around this season.

Enjoy!
I only remember the Sky Clubs handing out tough plastic loop ties.

The metal ones came with the DM packages and, as others down thread have noted, were notorious for failing.

I have given this year's version a hearty tug test and they stayed together. We'll see what the rampers can do to them.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: DL - DM MM / UA - PP / LH - SEN / Marriott - AMB-LTT / Avis - PC
My DM tags haven't arrived yet, but I think I'll still leave my FO tags on my bag just for fun. I love hearing about how a FO shouldn't be upgraded before a DM.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 3:19 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
The problem is that I don't know where my card is
Old Jan 26, 2015, 3:23 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Still, it was surprising that DL's computers didn't look at my ticketed itineraries and figure out that I was going to hit 2MM before the end of the year.
I'm certain that you're not serious. Would you really expect them to award you something for flights that haven't been flown yet and could possibly be canceled? They have never done this from what I've read here.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 3:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by davetravels
I'm certain that you're not serious. Would you really expect them to award you something for flights that haven't been flown yet and could possibly be canceled? They have never done this from what I've read here.
Of course not, but I would ahve expected them to hold off on ordering my DM 1MM credentials to see whether they should have been DM 2MM. It's not like ordering the card in early December rather than sometime between summer and November would ahve made muc difference in terms of my receiving it before March 1.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter

The metal ones came with the DM packages and, as others down thread have noted, were notorious for failing.

I have given this year's version a hearty tug test and they stayed together. We'll see what the rampers can do to them.
Yes - lost one in DTW on a gate check for CRJ200.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Sometimes I wonder whether baggage handlers are snitching them to sell on eBay.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 3:39 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I would ahve expected them to hold off on ordering my DM 1MM credentials to see whether they should have been DM 2MM.
I wouldn't. I'd bet that they spit out the current list at the moment at whatever time the printing company needs them, of what packets need produced, and case closed. It would probably take way too much forethought as to who NOT to produce a packet for, in case somebody's status MIGHT change.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 6:16 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
Originally Posted by davetravels
I wouldn't. I'd bet that they spit out the current list at the moment at whatever time the printing company needs them, of what packets need produced, and case closed. It would probably take way too much forethought as to who NOT to produce a packet for, in case somebody's status MIGHT change.
Yes, I agree. My guess is there isn't that much nuance in the system. Besides, if they hold off in those situations, there would be a customer wondering why they haven't received their updated tags.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL - DM MM / UA - PP / LH - SEN / Marriott - AMB-LTT / Avis - PC
Possibly, but the ones are eBay are generally in good to excellent condition.

But at the end of the day, regardless of MM status or not, they're just tags. Don't we have bigger fish to fry as frequent travelers?
Old Jan 26, 2015, 6:23 pm

Programs: United 1K; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by UnderEst
Possibly, but the ones are eBay are generally in good to excellent condition.

But at the end of the day, regardless of MM status or not, they're just tags. Don't we have bigger fish to fry as frequent travelers?
LOL.

Are you new here?
Old Jan 26, 2015, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by UnderEst
Don't we have bigger fish to fry more ham to cook as frequent travelers?
I fixed it for you, but, it just doesn't have the same ring to it!

Old Jan 26, 2015, 6:46 pm

Programs: Delta 2.6 MM/FC/PM
No question in my mind that the ramp tramps unscrew the cables and snitch them. Lost two to gate check situations though they had been secure for months.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

I lost a bent one that was curved to exactly fit around the handle of my roller bag. No, I didn't bend it--that was done the first time the bag was checked. Much later that distinctive brag tag disappeared.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 10:12 pm

Programs: DL AMEX Platinum, DL Diamond, MB LTG/Ambassador Elite, HH Diamond
Back on the topic of SM Medallion Packets, according to @deltaassist (as of an hour ago) I received the following DL SM Policy. This was in response to my inquiry as to the status of my GM and PM packets as well as my wife's FO packet (I gifted her Silver)

"In regards to your GM/PM package pls allow up to 2/09/15. If it hasn't arrived we'll need to contact SM account desk to track the status. Since Andrea earned FO status right towards the end of the year we no longer mail out Silver Medallion packages.
Members qualifying on or after 12/22/14 will not receive a physical credential package."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.