Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Alcohol Policy in J

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:38 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vincentharris
I do not know about Saudi Arabia though I do know if your flight enters Iranian airspace it must be removed, and can only be served once leaving. i.e. Arriving in Iran once your in the border no alcohol, and when leaving no alcohol until your out of the country. I believe this extends to just merely being in their airspace.
I learned this from watching Argo =)
Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:56 pm

It was a mistake for the OP and I find DL (like most US based airlines) guards what's on the carts like they are carrying the crown jewels.

No person may drink any alcoholic beverage aboard an aircraft unless the certificate holder operating the aircraft has served that beverage to him.
That being said I don't agree with the interpretation that many of you have indicated with the above rule.

In my opinion what the rule is getting at is PAX can't BYOB. Which is why I think I've had a similar experience with foreign airlines and self service snack and alcohol bars (typically wine and Sake) that other posters have indicated.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:23 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by jwat21
... when a FA rudely told me that I wasn't allowed to touch the hard alcohol. She was rather upset (even though I wasn't removing any) and said that Delta Airlines is very strict when it comes to booze.
So if I come to your workplace and I start doing something that could get you reprimanded or fired by your manager, you're going to be totally calm and polite to me, right?
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dadamn
So if I come to your workplace and I start doing something that could get you reprimanded or fired by your manager, you're going to be totally calm and polite to me, right?
The OP was just looking at the bottle. It's not like he was chugging it.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:52 pm
mdb

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
You make good points and thank you for expanding on the topic. I suppose it's more of the social stigma that concerns me. I've never cared for beer or wine and I don't like getting the puzzled looks when I order a vodka and club soda when out to dinner with friends.
I recommend mumbling something under your breath like "lightweight...." Works for me
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:58 pm
mdb

Originally Posted by dadamn
That is a ridiculous statemen, that was simply not the case here. AND at my company - if you were to talk to a customer that way - you bet you are going to be reprimanded for ThAt!
Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:34 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by mdb
That is a ridiculous statemen, that was simply not the case here.
It's far from ridiculous. It seems to be a regular occurrence that a flight is diverted or some passenger physically restrained because they're drunk & unruly. In those situations, you don't think that an FA wouldn't be reprimanded or fired if they knew the person had been around the cart handling alcohol? While the OP wasn't drunk at the time, there's no way the FA could have known he wouldn't be later.

Neither you nor I were witness to the event, so the OP's opinion of "rude" behavior by the FA is subject to speculation and you can't knowingly declare anything "was simply not the case here". While it's probable that the FA could have been nicer in the situation, it's certainly understandable that she might be a little upset by a passenger who appears to assume that they can help themselves.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.