Canadair crj900

Old Jan 1, 2015, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Canadair crj900

I there any difference in EC and exit row that reclines other than a little padding?
frank
Old Jan 1, 2015, 11:13 am

Programs: Delta PM, United Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by fb0075
I there any difference in EC and exit row that reclines other than a little padding?
frank
I prefer EC Bulk head to allow for my rolling briefcase. It also feels like more leg room.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
as far as I'm concerned, row 5 (EC "bulkhead" -- really just a curtain) is "F-lite"; best coach seats on the entire jet; also applies to CR7 (which only has 9 F seats so "bulkhead" is row 4) and E70/E75
Old Jan 1, 2015, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

thanks
Old Jan 2, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: DL PM, MM; Marriott Plat
The exit rows have more leg room than EC, but on some planes (depends on operator and configuration) the tray table is in the arm rest so there is less hip room. Also, on RJ7's and RJ9's that support Delta Studio, EC gets the entire selection free, not so for the exit rows. I have changed my preference from exit row to EC due to this.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:11 pm

Programs: United 1K; Marriott Titanium
In my experience on RJ7 and RJ9 (SkyWest/DL Connection) - Exit row tray table in arm rest, so a bit less hip room. Annoying for some. Decent leg room. Seems to have less padding. I prefer EC. "Bulkhead" is a curtain, so you have underseat storage, except 4B (RJ7) or 5B (RJ9). I personally don't hate 4B/5B, as you have leg room for days, but I know a lot of people who hate the seat, because your knees are fair game for bev cart and all boarding pax.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Southwest A-List, Hilton Diamond
I tend toward the forward cabin. Earlier beverage and a bit farther from the engines so I think it's a bit quieter (could be mental, I know). As a GM, after March, I'll be happy with the exit row but will hope that if I can't get the upgrade, I can snag a row 4/5 seat.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:01 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Not totally pertinent to the topic, but may I say how much I love getting an UG on these babies? The left side is paradise: both a window and an aisle seat!
Old Jan 2, 2015, 6:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Seats CD with the soft bulkhead on the CR7 and CR9 are great. AB is OK but board towards the end of cattle car if you don't need overhead space, the folks in back bump you a lot at the F/Y offset.

I do exit row on the CR7s &9s a fair bit, but always pop up if I can at OLCI -- much quieter, and seats A/D in exit rows can be freezing, freezing cold (I live in MN, so I know from cold!).

My last two 2.5 hr CR9 segments, there was frost - yes, inside the cabin - on the dark grey squarish channel (that eats some foot-space) beside my feet. I always grab a blanket for my leg and put my jacket on my window-side shoulder. All that said, I'll take a CR9 exit over a standard Y seat any day. Second row of EC vs. exit window? Mmmm, tossup.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 3:12 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Do the overhead bins on DL's CR9 accommodate standard rollaboards or do they pink tag them? Thanks!
Old Jan 4, 2015, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Originally Posted by kjnangre
Do the overhead bins on DL's CR9 accommodate standard rollaboards or do they pink tag them? Thanks!
Pink tag.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 4:15 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by kjnangre
Originally Posted by IWontRegretThis
Pink tag.
The CR9 bins will hold some standard rollerbags. They just aren't large enough to accomodate all of them if the flight is near capacity. Early boarding helps in this situation.

And I agree with the earlier posts. Row 5 on those planes is great!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.