Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Elite Status Benefits with Hertz Gold Plus Rewards (announced 21 DEC 2014)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Status Benefits with Hertz Gold Plus Rewards (announced 21 DEC 2014)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
What is the deal here Hertz....been almost a month and still no update to President status
Old Jan 15, 2015, 1:49 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Life Gold, ***Princess Status***
worked for me, thanks
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:19 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
It took just a few days to get into the President's Circle
Old Jan 15, 2015, 5:49 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Originally Posted by nikitta28
worked for me, thanks
How did you get it to "work?" Was there a link? An application that one is supposed to fill out?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 6:18 pm

Programs: W/P1.9MM & Charter+ DL Diamond 2.15MM, AA EXP 1.95MM, AS MVP .6MM, O/P .9MM, A/C & S/C
Presidents Circle

I rcvd mine last week. Got email today to register for 3x points after 1 rental in 2015 in their Winter Bonus
Old Jan 15, 2015, 7:28 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by fpmurphy
I registered on 12/20. So far status change has not shown on Hertz website.
Same here. Hertz doesn't like us!
Old Jan 18, 2015, 9:16 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, SPG - GM, Hertz - PC
Originally Posted by Pathfinder813
Same here. Hertz doesn't like us!
Ditto...
Old Jan 18, 2015, 10:51 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Where should we see the updated status if it has gone properly? TIA
Old Jan 19, 2015, 1:55 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
When you login @Hertz and then click on 'my account' it normally shows your current status (Gold Plus Rewards President's Circle for those DM)
Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:08 am

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Starwood Gold, Hertz President's Circle, AVIS First
I hate to burst the bubble here but I have been a Hertz PC for the past four years. I have not been seen any benefits such as better cars, discounts, and etc. when I had rented. On my last rental from a HLE, the car was dirty and with high miles.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by NYCTaximan
I hate to burst the bubble here but I have been a Hertz PC for the past four years. I have not been seen any benefits such as better cars, discounts, and etc. when I had rented. On my last rental from a HLE, the car was dirty and with high miles.
That's been my normal Hertz experience with 5* as well, even at airport locations.

To me, the advantage of this program with DL is that I can firmly put Hertz in place as a backup program only for the times they are drastically cheaper than National. I figure some status is better than no status, all else being equal.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by gooselee
That's been my normal Hertz experience with 5* as well, even at airport locations.

To me, the advantage of this program with DL is that I can firmly put Hertz in place as a backup program only for the times they are drastically cheaper than National. I figure some status is better than no status, all else being equal.
I feel the same way you do. The problem I'm having is that National has been 20 - 25% higher than Hertz for that last six months for every rental I've done. My typical rental is a 5 - 7 days, about half including a Saturday.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 8:55 am

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
My no-status coworkers usually get better cars with Hertz than I do as 5* and now PC. My working theory is that they know the only reason people would willingly rent from them as often as we do is due to corporate contracts so they don't have to actually try anymore with us.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:43 am

Programs: DL DM; HH gold
Originally Posted by LilRobb
Ditto...
Same here. I am in the system because when I retried to register it said I was already enrolled. Up to 6-8 weeks to get status reflected it said.

Like several others, I'm no fan of Hertz. Always grimy, high-mileage cars. The last time I rented from them (at DTW) with snow on the ground, I only found out 1.5h away from DTW that there was no (50 cents-worth) window scraper/brush in the car. I generally rent elsewhere, but having them as a backup with some status shouldn't be too bad.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
But the advantage is that that old dirty beat-up car is under a fancy canopy with a special sign (DYKWIA?) and not as long of a walk from the where the bus drops you off as most #! Gold vehicles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.