Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

2015 SkyMiles Medallion Status only Good for 11 Months?!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 SkyMiles Medallion Status only Good for 11 Months?!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
All of us will, one day, not achieve whatever level we are at now, and you will drop a level one month earlier than you would have had they not made this change. I agree with OP this is a real shortening of the time you are a medallion...maybe not this year for most folks, but eventually.

Of course, that only matters if you fly in the month of February during whatever year is relevant.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by mondo
I guess I will have to meditate before any AF / KL code share. They never get the status correct for on line check-in boarding passes and then insist in seeing a physical card for lounge access, priority one.
IME, both AF and KL accept Medallion cards shown in the Delta app (or iPhone Passbook.) You can use them everywhere: during check-in, for lounge access, Sky Priority, Accès N°1 etc. Moreover, I never had any problem not only in CDG or AMS, but throughout Europe as well.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 12:47 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
No more cowbells for DM? Then what's the incentive to fly DL? <iinsert smiley here>
I've only got two cowbells left. I've had 4 disappear this year including the one where I fixed the cable after it had detached while on my way to the airport. I had crimped the end where it had detached and it lasted exactly 15 more segments.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz 5*, SPG
Originally Posted by Beckles
I would be perfectly happy if Delta eliminated the grace period altogether but understand that they may need at least a few days to make sure everything posts before dropping folks down. As someone who maintains status year after year, even if I do sometimes drop a level at times, I think this is a positive change overall (though hardly a very noteworthy one).
+1
Old Dec 20, 2014, 11:07 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by orca15
All of us will, one day, not achieve whatever level we are at now, and you will drop a level one month earlier than you would have had they not made this change. I agree with OP this is a real shortening of the time you are a medallion...maybe not this year for most folks, but eventually.

Of course, that only matters if you fly in the month of February during whatever year is relevant.
i don't have much problem with DL sticking it to people dropping Medallion levels, and I say that as someone who may well be affected by this change at some point.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 8:10 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
United started this in 2009 I think. A rare time when DL follows UA and not the other way around
Old Dec 21, 2014, 9:47 pm

Programs: Delta 2.6 MM/FC/PM
Originally Posted by yohanson
I've only got two cowbells left. I've had 4 disappear this year including the one where I fixed the cable after it had detached while on my way to the airport. I had crimped the end where it had detached and it lasted exactly 15 more segments.
I have had 2 disappear as well and I assure you the cables were securely fastened.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 9:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I had a bent one disappear recently that was securely attached to a checked bag.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by paulmoscow
My understanding is they're going to stop using snail mail altogether. Everything should be electronic in 2016. I didn't get anything from them since the beginning of 2013.
Do you mean if you're based internationally? I got snail mail internationally in 2011, moved back to US in 2012 and have gotten the medallion packets since.

I like getting them, I like the JWD certs.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by LBJ
The change was announced about a year ago and has been discussed here a number of times. DL is adjusting their status year to end on Jan 31 just as UA did a few years ago.
Originally Posted by CMK10
United started this in 2009 I think. A rare time when DL follows UA and not the other way around
Exactly what I was thinking too.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 5:50 am

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Do you mean if you're based internationally?
I think if they go electronic, it will be for everybody (though maybe only for FOs and GMs first.) Speaking of luggage tags, I always throw them out, so for me it's not a big deal.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 7:38 am

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by ThrowDownYourLeavyScreens
That means that theoretically you could reach DM by the middle of January of year X (4 full-J roundtrips ATL-JNB at ~32K MQM each)
I wonder if anyone's actually done this?!
Old Dec 23, 2014, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
"Cowbells" at all Levels for MMs?

Don't MMs get metal luggage tags regardless of status level? I'm just scum PM MM and I have metal luggage tags, and I'm seen low-life GM MMs with metal luggage tags, so I thought that was the remaining tangible benefit to MM?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.