Community
Wiki Posts
Search

#Delta2014

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, United Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Silver, Hertz PC
#Delta2014

Just got an email from Delta asking me to share "my most amazing adventures" on twitter using the hashtag #Delta2014 and predictably, looking at search results of that hashtag the majority of the top tweets are complaints!

What will they get more of, complaints or amazing adventures?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 3:21 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by dc2005b
Just got an email from Delta asking me to share "my most amazing adventures" on twitter using the hashtag #Delta2014 and predictably, looking at search results of that hashtag the majority of the top tweets are complaints!

What will they get more of, complaints or amazing adventures?
This is actually quite funny! ^^^
Old Dec 18, 2014, 6:33 pm

Programs: AS 75k
If I was an upper executive and anyone ever suggested a twitter hashtag (or any other social media) event, I would fire that person on the spot. 2014, the year "social media experts" didn't figure out that the internet isn't a warm and friendly place full of people waiting to tell you how great you are.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 6:43 pm

Programs: Delta DM; *A FO. UG since(1/1/15): 11/14
didn't NYPD screw up with that pretty big?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 6:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Link please? This could be amusing.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 7:36 pm

Can you imagine

My spouse died in tragic car accident and Delta stole her miles

I earned 4 global upgrades, applied 2 and my grandma died, I changed the ticket so Delta stole my GUG

Delta charged me 60,000 miles for a 1 way economy ticket and I checked BA and got it for 4,000 miles (that's true for me)

I got the flu and Delta took my miles as I couldn't fly at the last moment

the list could go on and on
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
@Snowman55403
That time a tech came up RJ700 aisle w/ 4.5 gallons of steaming blue fluid to try to unfreeze the broken toilet. Amazing #Delta2014 #fltcxld

@Snowman55403
Then bags didn't make the alternate flight, then got delayed by incompetent IAH courier service. My amazing #Delta2014 story, #sinceyouasked
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:51 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Reading through all the tweets with #delta2014....can someone translate or explain all the spanish (i think?) tweets? Tons of pics and content that does not appear to have anything to do with Delta back in July? Did delta also not even think to see if the #Delta2014 was used before by something else?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz 5*, SPG
Someone should start posting DYKWIA stories there.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Slept on the floor at JFK for a 7am flight that didn't exist. LOL .... some of these are pretty funny!!!
Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
#Delta2014

It's been a good travel year...even with (a bit) less travel!

MSP-NRT:

Early run in NYC last spring:

Separately, I'm not sure about the guy who uses his full name and SM #...
Old Dec 19, 2014, 6:55 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
Has there been a single occasion in the history of Twitter when something like this went well for the company?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 10:16 am

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by Ben and Jerry
didn't NYPD screw up with that pretty big?
Yes, along with Bill Cosby, the Pittsburgh Penguins, and dozens more that have faded into the corners of my mind.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Link please? This could be amusing.
https://twitter.com/hashtag/delta201...ltime&src=hash

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Reading through all the tweets with #delta2014....can someone translate or explain all the spanish (i think?) tweets? Tons of pics and content that does not appear to have anything to do with Delta back in July? Did delta also not even think to see if the #Delta2014 was used before by something else?
I'm not 100% certain, but it looks like it has something to do with Delta cutting their flights to/from Venezuela and a travel agency/group trying to get Delta to resume them. That would match the time frame; Delta announced the massive reduction in flights to Venezuela in July, effective August, until the Venezuelan government paid them back what they were owed. INAC is the Venezuelan version of the FAA.

Originally Posted by Zeeb
Has there been a single occasion in the history of Twitter when something like this went well for the company?
No, and it never will.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
I think others have used the same hashtag. If you go to "translate.google.com" and paste the message it will translate (it does a pretty good job of it). Has something to do with a used book project.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.