Wiki Posts
Search

CR9 at LGA -- jetbridges?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2014, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
CR9 at LGA -- jetbridges?

A quick question for those who fly DL through LGA more often than I do -- are all CR9 flights at LGA served by jetbridges, or is there a chance of having to walk up outdoor stairs to the terminal? (I will be arriving via CR9 from SYR.)

I am recovering from a rather annoying knee injury, and while I'd prefer not to request assistance, hauling my bag and crutch up icy stairs in winter weather may be the deciding factor.

Thanks in advance for replies!
Old Dec 17, 2014, 8:46 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I've had both experiences at LGA, jetbridges and walking onto the tarmac to board a CR9.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 10:15 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
My experiences are mostly jet bridges, but, maybe 20% of the time you park at a remote gate and get bussed to stairs, I believe.

I don't think the stairs to the building would icy / outside, but the stairs to / from the plane might be.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Note that the RJ gate farm at T2 will go away next month with the opening of the T4 Phase II RJ gate extension. All RJ's will have jetbridges at that point. I don't see RJ900's on SYR-JFK until March, so it looks like you will be safe.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 10:44 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by LBJ
Note that the RJ gate farm at T2 will go away next month with the opening of the T4 Phase II RJ gate extension. All RJ's will have jetbridges at that point.
I think you're confusing JFK & LGA.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by davetravels
I think you're confusing JFK & LGA.
Oops, just noticed he said LGA. Nevermind. Had JFK on the brain for some reason.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:10 am

Programs: Skymiles, MPL Chase Premier
I would just put in the service request for "Wheelchair requested - cannot ascend/descend stairs" if you are that concerned about the RJ stairs. You can always just decline the service once they get you into the terminal.

I've also had the same experience as CMK10... flights to-from MKE... jetbridge in and then a bus out.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:38 am

Programs: DL
You can check out your flight's history on gates at flightstats or delta by editing this URL for different dates:
Code:
https://www.delta.com/flightinfo/viewFlightStatusByOrigin?flightDate=2014-12-13&flightNumber=3718
I *think* the gate you want to avoid is D3 based on this map:
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...laguardia.html
And this sat photo:
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7693.../data=!3m1!1e3
http://cdn-www.airliners.net/uf/1984...phpX3SU93.jpeg

Edit: Oh and one other thing about LGA, DL adds in about 30 minutes of ground hold for arrivals and taxi time for departure taxi congestion over DTW, MSP, and ATL. So one hour wasted on average sitting in the plane on the ground when going via LGA.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 4:41 am

Yes, D3 is the gate where you'll board the bus. I've flown LGA->BTV, ROC or PWM and boarded through a gate but have had to board a bus to RSW or STL so unfort. distance isn't a very good indicator.

Will be a hassle but the stairs will not be icy.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
I have not used gate D3 (old 5A I think) that goes to the buses in a while. Do they still schedule 5 flights within 15 minutes of each other causing that gate to be a confusing awful mess during boarding?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
had a jetbridge on the past dozen or so flights from BGR-LGA (even on the odd ERJ). Isn't there only about 5 outstations? The rest are all jetbridges now?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Thanks to everyone for the replies. Looks like my flight has only hit D3 once in the past week, and that was on a different day than I'll be traveling. I will take a look on the day and keep an eye out for it.

I have 2h to connect (unless I try to make an earlier shuttle flight), so I should have plenty of options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.