Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Anyone here that will lose status due to MQD ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2014, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, PMNW 1MM, DL 1MM

Now that the year is about to come to an end I was wondering who will not be able to retain their 2014 status for 2015 because they have enough MQM's but did not reach the necessary MQD requirement.

I remember when MQD's were introduced, many people here predicted that this will significantly "thin the herd" for 2015.

Thanks for playin' :-)
Old Dec 16, 2014, 8:45 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Well, i posted my situation in another thread, but I will be 'sort of'. Most of my travel this year has been award tickets, and a few really cheap paid ones. This has left me with just FO level MQD. BUT because of rollover and the distance i got on some of my cheap tickets, I'm at PM through MQM.

The silver lining is that because of MQDs, i can now roll over about 55k MQM. Toss in buying MQM at a FO price of ~$1k, and a friend giving me his MQM boost I'll be at almost 80k MQM come Jan 1. And with anticipated travel + my spend on my Reserve card i expect the waiver +1 (maybe 2) MQM boosts by end of feb/march. So thanks to MQD not makign me PM....ill be rolling over and then hitting DM by March at the latest. Cant say im too upset ^_^
Old Dec 16, 2014, 9:57 pm

Programs: DL Platinum
Right now I am 6500 miles short of platinum and have met the MQD by $168. I'm flying DEN-MSP on Thursday and have an MSP-LAX-SJC-LAX-MSP flight next week. There may be a mileage run in my future, or I may just bite the bullet and buy my way to PL.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 9:31 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
Currently 180,651 MQM - $6970 MQD. Achieved Diamond status again for next year ='). You don't have work for company who spends tons of money on your plane tickets. You just have to have good credit. - AMEX Waiver!
Old Dec 17, 2014, 9:48 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Spouse has plenty of MQM due to transcon flights to meet her usual tier, but missed MQD by $301. Debating twisting her arm to get her on a plane for a same-day short hop before EOY.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 10:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ElPresidente
Spouse has plenty of MQM due to transcon flights to meet her usual tier, but missed MQD by $301. Debating twisting her arm to get her on a plane for a same-day short hop before EOY.
What is that tier? Buying MQMs would also work as the money spend counts toward MQDs. Perhaps a Christmas present?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Well, i posted my situation in another thread, but I will be 'sort of'. Most of my travel this year has been award tickets, and a few really cheap paid ones. This has left me with just FO level MQD. BUT because of rollover and the distance i got on some of my cheap tickets, I'm at PM through MQM.

The silver lining is that because of MQDs, i can now roll over about 55k MQM. Toss in buying MQM at a FO price of ~$1k, and a friend giving me his MQM boost I'll be at almost 80k MQM come Jan 1. And with anticipated travel + my spend on my Reserve card i expect the waiver +1 (maybe 2) MQM boosts by end of feb/march. So thanks to MQD not makign me PM....ill be rolling over and then hitting DM by March at the latest. Cant say im too upset ^_^
Did you plan it this way? Why did you not go for the waiver this year?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by emrdoc
Did you plan it this way? Why did you not go for the waiver this year?
Looks to me like he planned it that way. Almost 2 years of Diamond instead of Platinum at best is his reward!
Old Dec 17, 2014, 4:30 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
I am in the same boat. GM this year (by the skin of my teeth on MQD's)...with near DM worthy MQMs. However, now I will have 75k of rollover.

As "enhancements" to SkyPesos will soon make me a free agent...mid next year I will earn my first Amex waiver and go out with a bang as a DM.

Thanks MQD's?^
Old Dec 18, 2014, 7:19 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Over 50,000 miles from my last Europe trip but $1020 short of MQDs for gold, so I'll be silver next year. I knew this as far back as September (my husband is in a similar boat though our numbers are a little different) but we decided not to push for gold. Though I did just send him an email asking if he wants to go somewhere this weekend If I were at $300, I'd do it - but $1020 is a little high for me to push for Gold. The major benefit to me for Gold is lounge access for international trips but I also have Priority Pass, which tends to have more options overseas....

Last edited by Hoyaheel; Dec 18, 2014 at 7:46 am
Old Dec 18, 2014, 7:31 am

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
After about a decade of being either Gold or Platinum, I will drop to Kettle level on Feb 1.

Not, however, because of MQDs. Living outside of the US I have that waived for me.

The major reason is that I will no longer be flying to the States. I have not had a SkyTeam flight this year and have just two itineraries planned -- one is TLV-JFK, ATL-JFK-TLV and this is on an award itinerary. The second is JFK-LAS, LAS-ATL which, while in paid FC, will earn me very few MQMs (especially as the second leg will be in January).

I am planning on taking a number of flights from TLV to Europe in 2015, but as Medallion status has become so worthless due to all of the changes, I am not going to look for SkyTeam flights. If the least expensive, most convenient, itinerary for me is on a SkyTeam partner that is fine -- I will take it. I will not, however, if a different airline offers a better deal.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:41 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Not February 1 but March 1. The dates change in 2016.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by Ryan8925
Currently 180,651 MQM - $6970 MQD. Achieved Diamond status again for next year ='). You don't have work for company who spends tons of money on your plane tickets. You just have to have good credit. - AMEX Waiver!
It pains me thinking people waste the ability to earn valuable mileage currency but running 25K+ spending on a Delta AMEX.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:22 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Dovster
After about a decade of being either Gold or Platinum, I will drop to Kettle level on Feb 1.

Not, however, because of MQDs. Living outside of the US I have that waived for me.

The major reason is that I will no longer be flying to the States. I have not had a SkyTeam flight this year and have just two itineraries planned -- one is TLV-JFK, ATL-JFK-TLV and this is on an award itinerary. The second is JFK-LAS, LAS-ATL which, while in paid FC, will earn me very few MQMs (especially as the second leg will be in January).

I am planning on taking a number of flights from TLV to Europe in 2015, but as Medallion status has become so worthless due to all of the changes, I am not going to look for SkyTeam flights. If the least expensive, most convenient, itinerary for me is on a SkyTeam partner that is fine -- I will take it. I will not, however, if a different airline offers a better deal.
MQM earning isn't changing in 2015, only RDM's. So if you're in paid F on JFK-LAS and LAS-ATL it should be a decent earn. I'd guess ~6k MQM's. It's nothing like what you'd earn for TLV-JFK in BE, but for domestic flights it isn't bad.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:12 pm

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
MQM earning isn't changing in 2015, only RDM's. So if you're in paid F on JFK-LAS and LAS-ATL it should be a decent earn. I'd guess ~6k MQM's. It's nothing like what you'd earn for TLV-JFK in BE, but for domestic flights it isn't bad.
Actually, the RDMs are more interesting to me. I have about 15,000 right now and if I could get them to reach 25,000 I could at least give a friend a free domestic r/t (if he is lucky enough to find a low rate).

The JFK-LAS MQMs I earn will disappear in a week as I will not have enough to reach FO -- and, hence, no rollover. The LAS-ATL MQMs I will get in January will probably be the last I will be getting and will disappear when 2015 ends.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.