Wiki Posts
Search

Mr Upgrade in 4B right now on DL 733

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM

I'm headed to SEA right now in paid F in 3b listening to 4b's video game at full blast volume. When asked to mute it he said he didn't know how. This is the problem with free upgrades (I know he is from the GIDS). Some people don't know how to behave. I'm paying for peace that I am not receiving
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:42 pm

Programs: AS, DL, AA, UA, WN
Originally Posted by bubbashow
I'm headed to SEA right now in paid F in 3b listening to 4b's video game at full blast volume. When asked to mute it he said he didn't know how. This is the problem with free upgrades (I know he is from the GIDS). Some people don't know how to behave. I'm paying for peace that I am not receiving
Some people who pay for F are rude, too. Now what?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Above your seat next to the light switch is a button. Try pushing it.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:44 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
It has nothing to do with free upgrades. It's simply rude behavior. I know you think the "Free Upgrade Crowd" (your past terminology) is riff-raff, but, it could equally come from a paid F pax.

Perhaps he should try to insert an ear/headphone in the jack.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:45 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
... And the TOD ug of FCM really reduces the amount of such rif raf?

Does money = class?

IBTL

I agree with the rude behavior aspect, but the reasoning is simply rediculous and narrow-minded...

WCBP

Want Class, Buy Private. ...

Last edited by Crazyhotelguy; Nov 26, 2014 at 4:50 pm
Old Nov 26, 2014, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Some people don't know how to behave.
Bingo.

Happy Thanksgiving!

David
Old Nov 26, 2014, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond

Very silly
Old Nov 26, 2014, 5:37 pm

Programs: Waffle House DM
This is a common misperception. The requisite knowledge for successfully operating a mute function on personal electronic equipment is a function of technical or engineering knowledge. It is quote common for older adults to own this equipment but have no knowledge base for its effective operation.

Conversely, the knowledge required to secure an airline upgrade is based predominately on rote skills, such as reading the instructions, correctly filling in an application form and then remembering to purchase the appropriate number of flights to qualify for the actual award. These are not engineering or technical skills but do require a level of resilience and determination.

The skills required to make sweeping statements regarding the status of one's fellow travelers on public websites is yet another skillset altogether. It is based predominately on case histories involving a form of Aspergers and the absence of social filters. The results are often magnified greatly by a sense of entitlement, or in medical parlance "Dykwia ".

The media often report cases where close to peak holiday travel some passengers lose all sense of proportion and rational thought. This is clearly utter rubbish.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I don't think DL is selling peace and quiet as part of a paid F ticket... they are selling a larger seat with a bit more legroom and better service to get you to your dstination. I don't recall seeing anything in the DL marketing about a peaceful experience, although I'm sure you can expect that with Delta Private Jets.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 5:46 pm

You are paying an airline to get you from A to B in a particular class of service. "Peace" is not in the COC. You did not pay for it, the airline did not promise it, and you have no reasonable position to expect it in a contractual sense.

The passenger behind you is somewhere between oblivious and rude.

You, on the other hand, come across as worse than oblivious, but maybe not as bad as rude.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Go up to him and say

DYKWIA?????
I am too poor to pay for the "peace" of private transport.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 5:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Tell the poor fellow to plug in his earphones or headset.

Problem solved.

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving!
Old Nov 26, 2014, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Go up to him and say

DYKWIA?????
I am too poor to pay for the "peace" of private transport.
You actually made me LOL in my seat with that one. So true. So true
Old Nov 26, 2014, 6:00 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
What sorta device is he on? Id bet someone on here could instantly advise him how to mute said device (ipad/gameboy/laptop/phone/etc)
Old Nov 26, 2014, 6:04 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
First Time Free Post!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.