Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mr Upgrade in 4B right now on DL 733

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2014, 10:41 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by rylan
I don't think DL is selling peace and quiet as part of a paid F ticket... they are selling a larger seat with a bit more legroom and better service to get you to your dstination. I don't recall seeing anything in the DL marketing about a peaceful experience, although I'm sure you can expect that with Delta Private Jets.
Couldn't have said it better myself. DYKWIA??
Old Nov 27, 2014, 11:04 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
If someone buys a last minute Q fare and sits in coach while someone on a lower-priced A fare sits in FC, is the Q fare PAX a more worthy person because he paid more?

Depends on who you ask!

If the Q fare person grabs a BF UG and gets into FC, does he then become a less worthy person because he accepted the UG?

Depends on who you ask!

Is the person who buys a Y fare and gets an automatic UG more worthy that the person on an A fare UG?

Depends on who you ask!

Is the person on the Y fare guaranteed to be better behaved than the person on the A fare?

Depends on who you ask!

What about the person who buys a P flex fare (refundable) ticket and pays $400 more than the person who buys a standard P fare? Is he more worthy and can we trust his behavior to be better?

Depends on who you ask!

The OP said he was in "paid F." Was it truly an F fare, not any sort of sordid UP fare? OP, would you confirm?

Some people are ALWAYZ right.
What about business types flying for work who are required to buy Y - and are sitting in Y wearing a suit and tie, while, wealthy "today types", for lack of a better description, are sitting in F on paid F tix wearing t-shirts or sweat suits. Is THAT acceptable behavior?
Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Sailandfly
I thought head phones were required for
watching movies or playing games on electronic devices. At least that is what a Delta FA told a mother with a child who was playing on some sort of kiddie learning computer. It was in First. She specifically said it was against policy to play the games and movies without headphones. The mom said her child wouldn't wear the headphones. So the flight attendant said the child had to turn it off. In this case the mom did a wonderful job keeping her child quiet and occupied without any video entertainment.
From the Delta web site and I also saw this just before or after the safety video on Tuesday.

Are customers using PEDs required to wear headsets?
While customers are not required to use headsets for their portable electronic device, passengers using devices that make sound will be encouraged to use a headset so that customers around them are not disturbed in the cabin.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by davetravels
What about business types flying for work who are required to buy Y - and are sitting in Y wearing a suit and tie, while, wealthy "today types", for lack of a better description, are sitting in F on paid F tix wearing t-shirts or sweat suits. Is THAT acceptable behavior?
Good point! We need a dress code.

Cartoon credit: http://mikelynchcartoons.blogspot.co...-part-two.html
Old Nov 27, 2014, 2:02 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Good point! We need a dress code.
I flew recently from JFK/ATL in F, and sat next to a twenty-something, who, based on our conversation, came from a fairly wealthy family, and just flew into JFK from TLV in BE. He was wearing a basic grey zip-up sweatshirt. During boarding, FA says to him:

FA: Can I hang up your hoodie for you?

Me: Now THERE'S something ya don't hear every day

I now return you to the VERY IMPORTANT original topic
Old Nov 27, 2014, 2:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, PMNW 1MM, DL 1MM
FYI, Bubba claims to be flying on paid F, however since this is the Internet he can claim whatever he wants.
I say he himself is flying on RU and just acts like a wanna be and his WFBF BS is just a schtick to try impress the impressionable here.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by Frogbone
FYI, Bubba claims to be flying on paid F, however since this is the Internet he can claim whatever he wants.
I say he himself is flying on RU and just acts like a wanna be and his WFBF BS is just a schtick to try impress the impressionable here.
You could be right. Why else would someone be watching the UG list?

Originally Posted by bubbashow
This is the problem with free upgrades (I know he is from the GIDS).
The offending noisemaker, OR the OP could also be a GUC or RUC UG. I guess that's still kinda free.

Last edited by davetravels; Nov 27, 2014 at 3:06 pm
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL DM, PMNW 1MM, DL 1MM
Originally Posted by davetravels
You could be right. Why else would someone be watching the UG list?
^^^ THIS !!
Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
One thing that I find very irritating is those folks who enable their smart phone to sound a click every time they enter a key stroke.

I certainly hope those who post from FC whining about others making noise do not have their smart phone so enabled.

That would be close to the end of civilization as we know it.

Old Nov 27, 2014, 6:20 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Even though it's a "freeloader" upgrading, he flies at least 25K miles a year for status for the upgrades, and there is a possibility he flies more than the OP if he is also a diamond and received an upgrade for free instead of possibly paying a lot more for it.

There is also a chance that the person in 4A paid a higher fare than the OP. I'm sure the OP didn't buy a true F fare and bought an A,G, or P fare. I have flown before last minute on an M or B that was more than a lower price first class ticket could have been purchased for a couple months earlier.

It is odd that a person who flies enough for status wouldn't use headphones or use a device he couldn't figure out how to mute.

But it's also weird that someone that flies over 125,000 miles a year doesn't have the common sense to politely ask the person behind him to turn the device off and if they refuse doesn't know about the FA call button. I also find it weird someone on a paid F ticket would be watching the GIDs board instead of staying in one of the many SC's at DTW until the flight was ready for boarding
Old Nov 27, 2014, 10:02 pm

Programs: DELTA
Talking PAX With Deformed Left Hand & Ear in F

Originally Posted by steex
Some people who pay for F are rude, too. Now what?
Oh my, really? Flying a red eye flight this weekend, I witnessed a 20 something (Generation-ME) male PAX board our plane late. When he arrived in the front of FC, all of us could not help but notice his deformity; he had an open, live cell phone permanently stuck to his left hand and his left ear! That was the only logical explanation I could come up with as I witnessed him trying to "sling" his thick roller bag over his right shoulder with his free hand into the overhead bin as he talked on this cell phone... the end result was that he almost "beaned" the head of a female FC PAX sitting in 1B. Thankfully, the lead FA dutifully sprang into action from the galley and helped this person overcome their handicap and get their rollerbag put up into the overhead. Sadly, there was almost a repeat incident as the man tried to then sling his thick, heavy nylon brief case up into another part of the overhead - making the PAX in 2B duck for his life. The same FA tried to assist again, but this time the handicapped cell phone guy decided to just put his briefcase under the seat in front of him in 2A.

I am sure this HAS to be the explanation. It certainly couldn't have been due to his being inconsiderate, selfish, imature and rude enough to not end his phone conversation long enough to use both of his hands to put up his roller bag and briefcase. No.. I am sure it MUST be the former explanation. Confirmation for me came when I could hear him jawing away on his phone implant as he deplaned in MSP on Saturday morning. Poor man... that's a shame!

-A
Old Nov 28, 2014, 4:30 am

Where is Bubba?

Nothing from him since his first post.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 4:54 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by SCEflyer
Where is Bubba?

Nothing from him since his first post.
No - he posted again in post #13.

I figure that he's just too busy sending PM's to all of those who supported him in this thread and thanking all who made suggestions that would help him have the kind of experiences he wishes to enjoy in paid F. Then again, he might be working his travel schedule up with Delta Jets or even making arrangements to have the Porsche Cayenne that DTW just got to pick him up at home at drive him to his final destination.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 6:09 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by Frogbone
..not a stalker, and really do not care enough to dig, but I seem to remember some posts by the OP in the past where he claimed to take advantage and applaud such A, G,& P fares.

Based on DL'S current FCM, the only real paying FC pax are those that buy an actual F Fare. All others are just up fares, so just a slightly better class of Y pax

The funny part is that there are A/G/P pax who claim to be HVC because of such purchases.

Last edited by Crazyhotelguy; Nov 28, 2014 at 6:15 am
Old Nov 28, 2014, 6:09 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
The problem is with FCM riff raff can afford to buy F and feel superior to everyone else on the plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.