Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Recommendation in J on 76z

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2014, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM
Question Seat Recommendation in J on 76z

I browsed through some of the old threads, and I found one FAQ on aircraft configurations. Though there was a lot of chatter about which Y seats and EconComfort seats to pick, there wasn't much info about J seats. I've been in 1A before, and from what I remember, the footwell seemed a little larger. I don't remember whether noise from the galley/lav was a problem. Does anyone else have a seat recommendation on this aircraft?

Thanks, FTers
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
just some info about A and D seats: in even-numbered rows the seat is adjacent to the aisle; in odd-numbered rows you have to maneuver yourself across the console/arm/tray structure to get in and out of the seat (odd rows are better if you like to be closer to the window, though)
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:24 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
I browsed through some of the old threads, and I found one FAQ on aircraft configurations. Though there was a lot of chatter about which Y seats and EconComfort seats to pick, there wasn't much info about J seats. I've been in 1A before, and from what I remember, the footwell seemed a little larger. I don't remember whether noise from the galley/lav was a problem. Does anyone else have a seat recommendation on this aircraft?

Thanks, FTers
1A or 1D. Larger footwell is a major plus for me. Seats are far enough away from the galley (the lavs are in between) that I have never been bothered by galley noise.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
1A or 1D. Larger footwell is a major plus for me. Seats are far enough away from the galley (the lavs are in between) that I have never been bothered by galley noise.
I second this recommendation.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Seat Recommendation in J on 76z

That's really good to hear. So there are actually larger foot wells? I thought this was just a rumor.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 5:30 pm

That's really good to hear. So there are actually larger foot wells? I thought this was just a rumor.
I flew DUB-JFK in 1A recently (albeit on 76D) and at least on that version footwell is definitely larger than other seats (tried 2A on the way back). Also, in other rows footwell is ever so slightly misaligned with the seat, so you end up lying at a bit of an angle.

Beware though, on my outbound flight the light in the forward galley was never turned off and there was no curtain, so it was a minor nuisance. On the return (overnight) flight no curtain again, but then the lights were off, so a bit more comfortable.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by jrl767
just some info about A and D seats: in even-numbered rows the seat is adjacent to the aisle; in odd-numbered rows you have to maneuver yourself across the console/arm/tray structure to get in and out of the seat (odd rows are better if you like to be closer to the window, though)
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Last two TATLs (ATL-MAN-ATL) were in 3A - really good.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Question

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Last two TATLs (ATL-MAN-ATL) were in 3A - really good.
Did you find the footwell to be restrictive? I'm about 5'9 and 145#. I've heard some people complain that these seats feel like coffins...

Other thoughts about 3A?
Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Did you find the footwell to be restrictive? I'm about 5'9 and 145#. I've heard some people complain that these seats feel like coffins...

Other thoughts about 3A?
No - I am 5ft 9 and 215 pounds - I have never heard a complaint yet. Brilliant seats especially the odd numbered ones IMHO.

Last edited by GRALISTAIR; Nov 28, 2014 at 7:08 pm
Old May 6, 2017, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does row 6 A and D have the misaligned window or row 7?
Old May 6, 2017, 2:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by emrdoc
I second this recommendation.
Yep best seats plus you're guaranteed a refill of whatever you're drinking on the bar carts way back. I feel like service isn't as attentive sometimes in those last rows.
Old May 7, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
What about 1B and 1C? Same as 1A and 1D, with the bigger footwell?
Old May 7, 2017, 9:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
What about 1B and 1C? Same as 1A and 1D, with the bigger footwell?
I think 1B and 1C are good for couples in that they have an extra high shelf in front of the seats, but I've never had reason to check them. In the B/C section, in every row one seat will be right on the aisle and the other will be separated from the aisle by the table. This alternates between odd and even rows.
Old May 7, 2017, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I know 7A is usually blocked for the crew, but does DL also block 8A? They were hesitant to release it for me because they said the curtain would be right in front of me. While it was, it was not a problem.
Old May 7, 2017, 10:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I know 7A is usually blocked for the crew, but does DL also block 8A? They were hesitant to release it for me because they said the curtain would be right in front of me. While it was, it was not a problem.
I could imagine liking that curtain for the privacy.

BTW I've been kicked out of 7A a day or so before the flight when it was needed for crew rest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.