Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priceline and MQDs & MQMs

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2014, 2:49 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Be very careful buying airfare on Priceline (and others). They are your "travel agent". I have no problem buying hotels and rental cars with them, but airline tickets are a BIG difference. You may get your MQD's and MQM's - it depends what ticket you bought. Priceline uses bulk/consolidators on airlines.

Good luck OP - you need to deal with Priceline.

Perhaps William Shatner can give you some help?

Priceline is great on hotels - not airlines, in my opinion.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM

Thanks for the advice! I asked the DM agent to look at my ticket and verify that it wasn't a bulk/consolidator fare. She said it wasn't and that I'd earn 100% MQMs. At this juncture, it's only a waiting game because I can't cancel the ticket without some sort of penalty. I'm hoping that there are some other FTers on here who have purchased tix on PL through the regular search engine and received 100% MQMs. Anyone out there who's had experience?
Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite

Yes most flights will receive 100% MQM but honestly I don't take the risk - it's not worth it and at best I'm saving a couple dollars.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 2:14 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by suvayanr
Yes most flights will receive 100% MQM but honestly I don't take the risk - it's not worth it and at best I'm saving a couple dollars.
And the reality is Delta reservations can ticket anything that Priceline can ticket. A phone call or using the untested booking method on FT can get it booked.

OP - please let us know if you get credit. I might also suggest sending Delta an email via the Contact Us link with your question on credit. If they respond in the affirmative you will at least have it in writing should something not post after the flight.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM

Good call! Thanks for the suggestion. And yes, I'll give you an update once I've flown -- though it won't be for a couple of months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.