Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Change fee for date change on return from Philippines to US

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2014, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Explat, UA former 1K + PremExec, DL

What is the change fee to change dates on the return leg from MNL to the US? Delta.com says only $200-$450.

Are there any circumstances that I should watch out for where such a change would be free? I think the connection is at NRT. The ticket is for my in-laws. Thanks for any insight.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 10:44 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
I think most likely 250 + fare change however your ticket could also be non changeable or have other specific rules
Old Nov 21, 2014, 11:38 pm

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Originally Posted by fanger
What is the change fee to change dates on the return leg from MNL to the US? Delta.com says only $200-$450.

Are there any circumstances that I should watch out for where such a change would be free? I think the connection is at NRT. The ticket is for my in-laws. Thanks for any insight.
Change Fee is usually $200-$400 per change per ticket + Difference in fare if any.

You need to watch out for SCHEDULE CHANGES of atleast 60 minutes and more like 90 minutes to get a Free Change.
However sometimes Delta will limit the change to either the day before or the day after for international tickets, especially in case of once a day flights.
You can also ask for a total new travel date and you may have to pay atleast the difference in fare.

Another reason for a free- free change in travel dates would be in cases of sudden illness or extension of treatment for elective therapies/ procedures, you will have to provide details of hospital/ doctor's name and address and contact number.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 8:37 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
IIRC when I did it about 2 years ago it was $200. This may vary depending on your fare type.

I had to go to the DL ticket office in Makati to do it.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
All depends what the fare rules were when you bought the ticket. My guess is it's likely to be $300, potentially more if this is a discount business class ticket, for the change fee alone, in addition to any applicable fare difference.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 7:52 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
WRT fare changes, the return leg will not reprice once your journey is underway (assuming you abide by the same rules/restrictions and they have the inventory).

OTOH, if you change before flying the outbound, then they do reprice.

[These are the common terms, your fare basis might say otherwise].
Old Nov 23, 2014, 2:10 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Not exactly it will reprice based on historical rates

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.