Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Ticket redeposit help needed

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2014, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Award Ticket redeposit help needed

Miss the 72 hour cutoff to cancel trip (need to stay home), is there any way to get my miles redeposited? I have no status.. the travel insurance I bought is useless. Suggestions?
Old Nov 20, 2014, 9:43 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
With no status, I'm not 100% certain but I believe you can pay with $ to have them redeposited. If I were you, I"d call DL asap and ask....Also, note too that even if you had status the free redeposit beny is for PM and DM only.... Good luck.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 9:47 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
I noticed they waive it or not notice the 72 hour rule sometimes just try agent roulette and explain yourself even if this works you would still pay 150 unless someone died or something
Old Nov 20, 2014, 9:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by soxfanndc
With no status, I'm not 100% certain but I believe you can pay with $ to have them redeposited. If I were you, I"d call DL asap and ask....Also, note too that even if you had status the free redeposit beny is for PM and DM only.... Good luck.
People without PM or DM status pay $150 per ticket for changes on award tickets or to cancel and redeposit the miles. The OP's problem is the 72 hour rule, which says that DL miles cannot be refunded if the ticket is not cancelled at least 72 hours before scheduled departure of the first flight.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 10:18 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/AA Platinum, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
How much did you miss? You'd have to make a convincing argument when asking to change the ticket. And no matter what, you'd have to pay 150.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 2:28 am

Programs: DL DM, 2MM
Happened to me. No sympathy from the agent, even with PM. This is one of the penalties I hate, because it can be enormous with a large award ticket. But it was my fault.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Success

I tried the agent roulette and on the first try this morning got the right agent who cheerfully canceled my reservation, redeposited the miles with the $150.00 charge (which I was happy to pay).
Old Nov 21, 2014, 9:20 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Maybe it's time to start putting some big money on the roulette

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.