Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your favorite Sky Club?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
I might actually be committed to an asylum for saying this, but Atlanta B10. My favorite SC bartender works there one day a week and I always manage to push in at the bar. I always have the best time there and the social atmosphere is quite nice.

I always loved the SC at MEM, but I haven't seen that airport in a long time.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:21 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Google Is Your Friend

Here's a thread from four years ago.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...b-reviews.html

Over the course of 31 years of flying Delta, I think I've been to just about every one of their clubs that is currently open, other than SCL, plus a number of them that have closed.

I really like the SkyDecks at JFK T4 and ATL concourse F (although the F club is not necessarily my favorite).

I think a really nice club is TPA. The clubs in PBI and JAX are great for relatively small clubs. Another club I like and have used quite a bit this year is MSP C12.

In memoriam of clubs that I've frequented in the past that no longer exist: DCA north terminal with the unmarked door and speakeasy type feel); DCA interim terminal (this was a really nice club); BWI (with the punch-in combination and refrigerator always full of cans of beer); SMF (inherited from Western Airlines); MCI; DEN; BHM; BOS (the one in Terminal C and also the closed room in the main building of new Terminal A); CVG Concourse A (the room modeled after Cincinnati's art deco railroad terminal); DTW in the old terminal building; ORD in Concourse L; MEM pre-merger (used to use that club on flights from DCA to DFW that stopped for an hour at MEM); LAX in T6 (that may now be the "new" Alaska Board Room); SEA in concourse A (this one had the spectacular view of Mount Rainier); ZRH (the PanAm club that Delta took over).
Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by ND76
In memoriam of clubs that I've frequented in the past that no longer exist:LAX in T6 (that may now be the "new" Alaska Board Room);
For some reason I can't recall this one. Was this where the Crown Room was prior to the WA merger in 86/87?
Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:35 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
For some reason I can't recall this one. Was this where the Crown Room was prior to the WA merger in 86/87?
Yes. I traveled to LAX quite a bit in 1985 and remember being in there.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:37 am

Yes. I traveled to LAX quite a bit in 1985 and remember being in there.
I grew up in that airport and seem to have forgotten that DL was in T6. I traveled on DL then, but most of my travel then was with TW and PA, with some WA thrown in.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:47 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, DL Diamond 2MM, PriorityPass, Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by mattya9
Anyone ever experienced the Sky View Lounge at Singapore Changi? I'm looking at possibly doing a last minute MR and with only 6 hours (ish) at the airport and a hotel is obviously out of the question. It says they have showers there too which would be a plus! Any help/advice is much appreciated! Oh, and the Sky Club at the F gates in ATL is really nice!

OPS
The bathrooms and Shower at the Skyview lounge has always been the pits. No toilet in the shower either. Was there yesterday and same old same old.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Yes, you are crazy...but completely understandable that it's the location that makes you crazy. The area where the club is situated, however, is one of the most pleasant of the SCs.
I like the HNL club for its staff. Best in the system.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:53 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by richardinmotion
Mine is Narita. Dumplings, sushi rolls, French red wine, yummy soup. Just thought I'd try to start a positive thread about Delta
Mine is Narita too.. Don't forget the power showers and the beer dispensers!
Old Nov 19, 2014, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC

In memoriam of clubs that I've frequented in the past that no longer exist: MCI;
I have been in it in its reincarnation as a bar/food establishment - being so close to the gates is brilliant - especially B57 which is where the ATL flights usually depart.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 9:35 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TSA PreCheck
JFK T4 is my favorite, so far.

Although, I like how quiet MSY is.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by spc354
You must not have been there when the bozo who brags about how many years he has with DL was on the desk Mrs. Ken had a intestinal problem and needed immediate use of the facilities. He refused to accept my frequent flyer card but demanded to see the lounge membership card. This was a first since they are all tied together under the FF#. Furthermore he refused access to the ladies room until the card was produced. She should have just thrown up on the floor! The rest of the staff are nice.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Originally Posted by spc354
Very nice people and I have been there once this year, but how often do you have to deal with complicated IRROPs at HNL?

I reserve "best in the system" for ATL A17. This will vary for all of us, though, as we have forged friendships with many in vastly different places.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:02 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by mattya9
Anyone ever experienced the Sky View Lounge at Singapore Changi? I'm looking at possibly doing a last minute MR and with only 6 hours (ish) at the airport and a hotel is obviously out of the question. It says they have showers there too which would be a plus! Any help/advice is much appreciated! Oh, and the Sky Club at the F gates in ATL is really nice!

OPS
I have. The showers are adequate. Do we still have access to that lounge as Sky Club members?

As to a hotel, why not book the transit hotel in the airport? I've done that and was able to get some decent rest. I had a 14 hour layover and booked a room for 8 hours where I was able to have coffee and shower in my room. I then checked my bag at one of the places for that in the airport and took the subway downtown for lunch before returning and flying to DPS.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:06 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
MEM (is that still around?), JFK T4, MSP C, BOS and probably a few more are high on my list. I'm not a big fan of the clubs in NRT. I think they are extremely overcrowded. SAN is way down on my list too due to it's small size.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by DeltaWings
Very nice people and I have been there once this year, but how often do you have to deal with complicated IRROPs at HNL?
On a trip in January I did need their help as I was flying JHM-HNL-ATL-LGA and NY was in the middle of a snowstorm. They were able to help, but I had to help them using the information on Expert Flyer. But based on the EF information, they were able to get me on various standbys fairly easily.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.