Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Complimentary Premium Entertainment"?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2014, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

"Complimentary Premium Entertainment"?

Delta passengers seated in Economy Comfort are said to have access to something called "Complimentary Premium Entertainment."

What is that exactly, and why am I unfamiliar with it flying Delta domestically? (Or am I answering my own question?)
Old Oct 31, 2014, 12:12 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...ta-studio.html

Mostly via the GoGo Wifi portal (Wifi purchase not required). Good idea to download the app prior to flight though.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 1:21 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
And does not work if you have technology less than 5 yrs old.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 1:26 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
And does not work if you have technology less than 5 yrs old.
Here are a list of devices and operating systems that are supported.
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...ream.html#list
Old Oct 31, 2014, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

How does Delta distinguish between me sitting in Economy Comfort, where I supposedly get Delta Studio for free, and someone sitting behind me in coach who's supposed to pay? Is there some sort of login?

Seems like I've connected to Gogo (without paying), launched the Delta app on my current iPad Air, but not had access to any sort of "Complimentary Premium Entertainment." I guess I'll experiment some more on my flights next week.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN A List, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I believe it coordinates through the Fly Delta app, which would know who you are, and if you would qualify for the freebie based on status, or your seat for that flight. I'm a Platinum, and I tried it out this week, and it is clunky, but worked. I never had to validate who I was, or that I was in Economy Comfort, which I was.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 2:35 pm

Programs: DL DM
That's funny -- the one time I used Delta Studio was on a MSP-SFO flight in FC, and I had to enter my seat number (and maybe last name). I assumed that's how I got it free.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
pretty sure it only works if you are in FC or EC....doesnt matter if you are an elite or not.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 2:51 pm

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by GeminisTwin
That's funny -- the one time I used Delta Studio was on a MSP-SFO flight in FC, and I had to enter my seat number (and maybe last name). I assumed that's how I got it free.
Yes, that is how. Last name + seat number => price
Old Oct 31, 2014, 3:05 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Chilcoot
How does Delta distinguish between me sitting in Economy Comfort, where I supposedly get Delta Studio for free, and someone sitting behind me in coach who's supposed to pay? Is there some sort of login?

Seems like I've connected to Gogo (without paying), launched the Delta app on my current iPad Air, but not had access to any sort of "Complimentary Premium Entertainment." I guess I'll experiment some more on my flights next week.
The easiest way to access it is using your tablets web browser. From the GoGo landing page click on the Delta Studio banner towards the bottom. That will take you to a page showing all of available content. If you are sitting in EC or F all of it is free. If you are in Y some is free and others are paid. All those that are paid require will show a price, click on the link under the price to "login" with your last name and seat number.

Once you have linked your seat number you can choose to play the selected content. The next screen will ask how you want to play the content, either via the Fly Delta app or the GoGo video app.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
I use this quite regularly and is a real enhancement (no sarcasm)
Old Oct 31, 2014, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the good advice.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 6:22 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TTT
The easiest way to access it is using your tablets web browser. From the GoGo landing page click on the Delta Studio banner towards the bottom. That will take you to a page showing all of available content. If you are sitting in EC or F all of it is free. If you are in Y some is free and others are paid. All those that are paid require will show a price, click on the link under the price to "login" with your last name and seat number.

Once you have linked your seat number you can choose to play the selected content. The next screen will ask how you want to play the content, either via the Fly Delta app or the GoGo video app.
Can't you just linger around the boarding area looking at other people's boarding passes and find someone who is in EC and look at their last name and write it down?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 6:35 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1353513636
Can't you just linger around the boarding area looking at other people's boarding passes and find someone who is in EC and look at their last name and write it down?
I suppose you could but I think that would be harder than you make it sound.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:47 am

Can someone verify whether this works on Android phones?

Looks like the website just mentions Android tablets but I wanted to double check.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.