Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VA Clubhouse Terminal 3 LHR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2014, 7:31 am
Original Poster

VA Clubhouse Terminal 3 LHR

We're on DL 31 today back to Atlanta. I was surprised to see that we were flying out of T3, and I'm even more surprised and delighted by the amenities in the VS Clubhouse. Waiter service, real food, good wine ... I may not leave!

Last edited by el344; Oct 30, 2014 at 7:47 am
Old Oct 30, 2014, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by el344
We're on DL 31 today back to Atlanta. I was surprised to see that we were flying out of T3, and I'm even more surprised and delighted by the amenities in the VA Clubhouse. Waiter service, real food, good wine ... I may not leave!
I'm pretty sure you mean VS (Virgin Atlantic) Clubhouse since VA (Virgin Australia) does not fly to LHR...

Lots of discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...london-dl.html

It's a great club...looking forward to it tomorrow!
Old Oct 30, 2014, 7:46 am
Original Poster

I do of course mean VS. Blame it on my excitement.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:16 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
You got in with status or business class? and yes VS has real lounges not like the really ...... ones in the states that delta runs
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:57 am

Programs: Delta DM/1.3MM, Marriott PP/LTP, Natl EE, Etihad Guest, FT FNG
Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
You got in with status or business class? and yes VS has real lounges not like the really ...... ones in the states that delta runs
I got in on status (PM) this past Monday, and allowed 1 guest at no charge. We were flying Y from LHR-ATL (via JFK).
Old Oct 30, 2014, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
BusinessElite, DM, PM can access the LHR T3 VS Clubhouse for TATL flights:
You can earn and redeem miles on Virgin Atlantic flights. Plus, BusinessElite® or Upper Class passengers and Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion® members will enjoy complimentary access at select* Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse locations, as well as elite benefits including baggage fee waivers, Priority Boarding, Priority Check-In, accelerated security and expedited baggage service.

*Clubhouse lounge access: Clubhouse lounge access is available to Upper Class passengers and Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion members with a same-day nonstop transatlantic flight to/from the U.K. that is operated by Delta or Virgin Atlantic. Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion members are allowed to bring one guest. Diamond and Platinum Medallion members may only access Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses in London Heathrow, London Gatwick, New York-JFK, Newark, Washington, Boston and San Francisco Airports. Gold Medallion members may only access Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses in New York-JFK, Newark, Washington-Dulles, Boston and San Francisco Airports. Please travel with and be prepared to show your Medallion card to the Virgin Atlantic representative to receive these benefits.
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...hip.html#terms

Last edited by rwoman; Oct 30, 2014 at 3:09 pm Reason: Idiot mistake. :-/
Old Oct 30, 2014, 2:20 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rwoman
BusinessElite, DM, PM, and GM can access the LHR T3 VS Clubhouse for TATL flights:
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...hip.html#terms
Not quite. DM/PM and BusinessElite or Upper Class passengers yes; GMs can use the lounges in the US but are not included in the access list for LHR or LGW.

(This makes me mildly sad, as on my next VS flight from LHR I will be in Premium Economy and about to hit PM -- in fact, that flight will be the one that puts me over the MQM threshold -- but by the rules ineligible for the lounge. I may try to talk/buy my way in.)
Old Oct 30, 2014, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CKDGM
Not quite. DM/PM and BusinessElite or Upper Class passengers yes; GMs can use the lounges in the US but are not included in the access list for LHR or LGW.

(This makes me mildly sad, as on my next VS flight from LHR I will be in Premium Economy and about to hit PM -- in fact, that flight will be the one that puts me over the MQM threshold -- but by the rules ineligible for the lounge. I may try to talk/buy my way in.)
Oops! Misread it!!

Distracted by packing...
Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:49 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
rwoman, have you done any airside transfers since the move to T3? The last time I did T4 -> T1 it was very painful. I'm wondering whether it's easier now. I presume there is no bussing between T3 and T1. Is there the retinal scan rigmarole?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
rwoman, have you done any airside transfers since the move to T3? The last time I did T4 -> T1 it was very painful. I'm wondering whether it's easier now. I presume there is no bussing between T3 and T1. Is there the retinal scan rigmarole?
I have not done the airside transfer. As far as I know T3 to T1 airside is still a bus. Do you mean IRIS, the system that went away awhile ago?

As far as domestic and Ireland flights, yes, they still take photos.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 4:15 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by rwoman
I have not done the airside transfer. As far as I know T3 to T1 airside is still a bus. Do you mean IRIS, the system that went away awhile ago?

As far as domestic and Ireland flights, yes, they still take photos.
Thanks. I didn't know IRIS had gone away. It was a pain to do it and then go through the Ireland security thing... all after a long TATL. I've been keeping away from LHR since my last experience - they even did an immigration check though it was an air-side transfer. Then IRIS. Then the bus. Then the Irish immigration... too much.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by el344
We're on DL 31 today back to Atlanta. I was surprised to see that we were flying out of T3, and I'm even more surprised and delighted by the amenities in the VS Clubhouse. Waiter service, real food, good wine ... I may not leave!
Agreed; the VS clubhouse blows any other club I've been in away.

(That's DL, KLM in AMS, Amex in LGA and LAS, and (a long time ago) BA F and Gold (when that was their highest level) in JFK and LHR.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.