Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Just how much do DL CSR's know about us?

Old Oct 29, 2014, 1:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks

So, I have had to do many more rounds of HUCA since DL decided keeping its frequent fliers in the dark with information is the cool thing to do in 2014. Most of the time HUCA works like a charm...I have been stopped in my tracks a few times though.

Basically...what info pops up on a DL CSR's screen when we call?

Once, the DL agent noted that I just called about something and was denied by the previous agent. Caught red handed. HUCA worked the next time. Was this a note in my PNR?

Today though is what blew me away...shopping for award tickets, as soon as I call, the agent says "Hello Mr. PGH234, I see you have done many searches for an award ticket to XXX, do you have a question about that?"

Took me a minute to regain my composure before continuing. haha

What do they see about us? Customer value scores? How often we call? How often we (attempt to) SDC? How many hours per month I spend messing around on DL.com? My favorite ice cream topping?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 2:09 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Reminds me of when caller ID was being tested, I think in the 80's. American Express was a test company. Card holders would call in and they answered you by name. People freaked out and AX stopped for a while as customers had to ask 20 questions about how did you know my name.

As for what DL knows. A lot.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 5:13 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
There is a thread out there which answers this question. A couple times within the past couple years, we have been able to go into the DL site, put a code that someone posted and see exactly what the CSRs see. There was a string of twenty or thirty data fields with codes, and a Wiki translating the codes. DL say the thread and plugged our ability to see the data, but a few months later, it was open again. DL then closed the information off a second time. One of the things was an Experian customer profile score that might have been called "Mosaic" or something. If you search for Experian or Mosaic you could probably find that thread.

Edit: Here is the thread, although it sounds like the CSRs may now see some additional information.

Last edited by CJKatl; Oct 29, 2014 at 5:20 am
Old Oct 29, 2014, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
DL is mining massive amounts of data and profiling pax... they likely know more than you'd be comfortable with them knowing. Its all part of the airlines general push towards 'customized' pricing... ie keeping buyers in the dark and giving you different prices based on your profile, buying habits, searches etc.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 6:15 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
I imagine the mosaic info does show somewhere but the more practical things like upcoming trips, recent trips, call history, etc. are more prominent.

There may be a place for CSR notes as well.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 6:20 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by TTT
I imagine the mosaic info does show somewhere but the more practical things like upcoming trips, recent trips, call history, etc. are more prominent.

There may be a place for CSR notes as well.
There is definitely a place for CSR notes. I was told this last week as I called to get another DL IT problem fixed (and wasn't, and I was calling in for the third time...). The agent kept me on the line while he typed in all the notes/information about this issue, so I don't have to start from scratch once again.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 6:31 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
It would be interesting to know if they have some sort of CRM where they track the reason for the call, time, and notes about the call.

---
Redii called in to see if his SWU cleared.
---
Redii called in again to see if his SWU cleared.
---
Repeat daily until upgrade clears.

I know they can pass notes to each other (for instance, transferring to the reissue desk), but this may be as simple as their phone system's user-to-user information (UUI).
Old Oct 29, 2014, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by redii
It would be interesting to know if they have some sort of CRM where they track the reason for the call, time, and notes about the call.

---
Redii called in to see if his SWU cleared.
---
Redii called in again to see if his SWU cleared.
---
Repeat daily until upgrade clears.

I know they can pass notes to each other (for instance, transferring to the reissue desk), but this may be as simple as their phone system's user-to-user information (UUI).
I believe that it is up to the agent to put in any notes he/she wants. Too many times I have called back to DL because something that was supposed to be done was not, and there is no record of anything.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 6:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
A few times I've asked that notes be added to my record, but since we can't see them, there's no way to verify that it was done or that the notes are accurate. The one time a phone agent offered to read the notes back to me, they were completely confused and just plain wrong about basic facts.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
...they were completely confused and just plain wrong about basic facts.
Sounds like interactions I've been having with DL reps more and more.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 6:59 am

Programs: DL DM 2.4MM
I do get the sense that notes are attached to specific record numbers and not the general Skymiles account. Just my experience with trying to fix an issue I had last year.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 7:34 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Delta knows a lot about you.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 7:58 am

Programs: DL Diamond MM, SPG Platinum, Skywards Silver
Paranoia?

I think a lot of people do this, but the previous comment about a CSR seeing your online activity is even more disturbing....

How many people search for awards, fares, deals, etc, without signing into their account or using a privacy setting or multiple different browsers so that Delta.com can not use our information against us by increasing fares to what we're "willing to pay" etc.?

Am I paranoid?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 8:07 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by FlyingDL4Fun
I think a lot of people do this, but the previous comment about a CSR seeing your online activity is even more disturbing....

How many people search for awards, fares, deals, etc, without signing into their account or using a privacy setting or multiple different browsers so that Delta.com can not use our information against us by increasing fares to what we're "willing to pay" etc.?

Am I paranoid?
"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you" -- or your wallet
Old Oct 29, 2014, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by FlyingDL4Fun

Am I paranoid?
I do that to see if/when there is a difference in price and options that the search engine presents.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.