Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Intl Upgrade with Miles - M Fare - Not on UG list

Intl Upgrade with Miles - M Fare - Not on UG list

Old Oct 24, 2014, 3:30 pm

Programs: Riteaid wellness+ Gold, PlanetFitness Preferred Black, Hyatt Cubic Zirconia, Hallmark Crown Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
AFAIK "systemwide upgrade requested" means that you have requested an upgrade using a SWU (or now GUC/RUC requests have the same words?), not miles.
Actually, the dl.com shows as "systemwide upgrade requested" when you request to upgrade using miles.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL - Diamond. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum. Starwoods - Lifetime Platinum
Don't give up. Keep calling, ask if you are on the upgrade list. Keep checking when you check in, tell GA that you don't see yourself on the list and ask why. Just keep trying.

Worked for me. Even though it pisses me off, hahaha, I am 8 out of 8 SWU. But almost all have been a struggle.

-ok
Old Oct 27, 2014, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/1MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
To close the loop, I eventually did get activated on the list and cleared the upgrade when I asked the GA about it.

In related news, I had an absolutely fantastic flight from ATL-EZE. The crew was one of the best I've ever had, and the food and beverage were quite enjoyable.

Thanks for the encouraging words, everyone... "don't give up" is fantastic advice to anyone in a similar situation. ^
Old Oct 27, 2014, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Glad it worked out for you and you got an agent and GA who would help
Old Oct 27, 2014, 8:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, IHG, Hilton, Starwood
Thanks! This is fantastic data for me, as I'm currently on the wait list for an M-fare + miles upgrade on an ATL to CDG flight this weekend.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.