Wiki Posts
Search

Delta 767-300 First Class Seating

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Peon
Delta 767-300 First Class Seating

I am flying first class for the first time on an upcoming transcon. Domestic configured 763. I am in 1A. Seat guru says it has restricted legroom. Should I move to a different seat in first class? Seems like there's an aura about 1A and I don't now how "restricted" a first class seat can be. Thanks.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:20 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Platinum
1A on the international configurations are awesome. But the domestic configurations, it's nothing special. You have less legroom, no underseat storage, and you don't have direct aisle access.

If you can find a better seat, I'd advise taking it.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Every seat on a domestic 763 is pretty tight, but row 1 is particularly bad. I'd choose another row.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikehillwig
1A on the international configurations are awesome. But the domestic configurations, it's nothing special. You have less legroom, no underseat storage, and you don't have direct aisle access.

If you can find a better seat, I'd advise taking it.
Thanks for the help. I just switched to 5A, the last row of first class. SeatGuru doesn't say anything about limited recline even though it's against the bulkhead, so it should be good!
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by javabytes
Every seat on a domestic 763 is pretty tight, but row 1 is particularly bad. I'd choose another row.
Thanks!
Old Oct 23, 2014, 9:23 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I prefer row 2 on the a/c, and I prefer one of the center seats so that I have an aisle and so that the person sitting next to me has their own aisle. In row 5 you might not get your choice of meal. Also know that non of the seats really have much under seat room because of an equipment box. These are probably the worst F class seats in the domestic mainline fleet.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 9:34 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
These are probably the worst F class seats in the domestic mainline fleet.
Yep. I was on this aircraft recently for HNL-SLC. F seats are only a half inch wider than Y, equipment boxes restrict legroom, and pitch is only a few inches better than EC.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 9:38 pm
Formerly known as jbalis

Programs: Delta Diamond, Starwood Gold, National Executive, MGM Noir,
I was on the 2 x 2 x 2 last week ATL-LAS in 1f it had a cut out and I felt the space was fine, I was happy I got a burger. I have no idea why but Delta makes a mean burger, by far my favorite lunch option going domestic
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:05 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
These are probably the worst F class seats in the domestic mainline fleet.
Right. For whatever reason, the domestic airlines decided back when the 767 was introduced that taking one seat out of seven (~14%) away made a reasonable F seat, whereas in the 707/727/737/757 family they removed two of six (33%), and in the original D10/L10 configuration they removed two of eight (25%). I'm not a particularly wide person, but the primary reason I spring for F seats is seat width and not having to fight over the armrest with my neighbor. F in the 767 doesn't have this advantage, and at 37-38" (per Delta.com), the pitch is no great shakes either. Okay if you're getting a Medallion upgrade I guess, but not worth paying even for a G fare to sit up front.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 5:51 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Riding on a domestic 763 in F is awful if you value personal space.

I'm not a fan of the bulkhead on any aircraft but on the 763 I'd stick with row 1 simply because of the limited pitch and excessive recline in all other rows. When someone goes full recline in front of you, their seat will darn near be at your nose.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 5:59 am

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
While I agree with the other comments, I'm happy that I get a wide-body on a domestic flight - something that's about to disappear altogether soon.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:07 am

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
I flew in 1C over Labor Day and it seemed the same as the rest of the cabin, but maybe I was too busy working/eating/watching movies/stretching out across 1CD to notice.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by javabytes
My favorite seats are row 1 CD as no one can lean into you. The 767 domestic, when anyone reclines, gives you ZERO room to work.

If coach row 26AB & FG are amazing for legroom and space. Best coach seat on the jet!
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
The domestic 763s are great in coach. Perhaps best of all is that 6 out of 7 seats are not middle seats. Pitch and width certainly do leave something to be desired in the front cabin though.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hockeystl
Riding on a domestic 763 in F is awful if you value personal space.

I'm not a fan of the bulkhead on any aircraft but on the 763 I'd stick with row 1 simply because of the limited pitch and excessive recline in all other rows. When someone goes full recline in front of you, their seat will darn near be at your nose.
That's a good point. The only reason I picked the last row of F is because that's the only row I would feel comfortable using the full recline. I can't bring myself to put my seat in someone else's lap, no matter how uncomfortable I am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.