Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL wings clip at MSP

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 9:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
DL wings clip at MSP

Local media are reporting that a Compass RJ and a DL mainline aircraft (about to perform MSP-LAX) clipped wings at MSP st about 8:30 pm local time tonight, just over 90 minutes ago. Both aircraft returned to the terminal. There were no reports of injuries so far.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
^ No reports of injuries

Of all the planes to clip wings, a 757 and an E170/175... why couldn't it have been a 737 and a CRJ?
Old Oct 22, 2014, 9:54 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
DL2321 MSP/LAX now awaiting takeoff - about 3 hours late!

https://www.delta.com/flifo/servlet/...SP&ArrText=LAX
Old Oct 22, 2014, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by javabytes
^ No reports of injuries

Of all the planes to clip wings, a 757 and an E170/175... why couldn't it have been a 737 and a CRJ?
Why not an A380 and a CRJ? That huge difference in weight is likely to do the most damage to the CRJ if grounding one more is your objective.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Why not an A380 and a CRJ? That huge difference in weight is likely to do the most damage to the CRJ if grounding one more is your objective.
Methinks javabytes would like both the 73 and RJ to be grounded.

Glad everyone seems to be safe.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gooselee
Methinks javabytes would like both the 73 and RJ to be grounded.

Glad everyone seems to be safe.
Some people would also like to see all Canadian geese on the dinner table. Sorry if they're your relatives.

Personally, my current most hated DL aircraft beyond the CRJ is any domestic configuration 767 (with the coffin narrow recliner seats and tiny overhead bins). Those interiors look old, tired, worn, filthy, and depressing.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:21 pm

Programs: DL
DL wings clip at MSP => MSP Dehubbed??
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by paul21
DL wings clip at MSP => MSP Dehubbed??
Maybe defeathered?
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Some people would also like to see all Canadian geese on the dinner table. Sorry if they're your relatives.

Personally, my current most hated DL aircraft beyond the CRJ is any domestic configuration 767 (with the coffin narrow recliner seats and tiny overhead bins). Those interiors look old, tired, worn, filthy, and depressing.
If I had the power I'd make a deal to take back all the 767's from DTW and MSP and give you guys back those awful 320's and 319's. ATL should have all the domestic widebodies (save for JFK-LAX) considering the extreme size and power of the ATL hub.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
If I had the power I'd make a deal to take back all the 767's from DTW and MSP and give you guys back those awful 320's and 319's. ATL should have all the domestic widebodies (save for JFK-LAX) considering the extreme size and power of the ATL hub.
+1

I know it's mostly personal preference, but I just cannot stand the narrowbody Airbii.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 5:21 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gooselee
+1

I know it's mostly personal preference, but I just cannot stand the narrowbody Airbii.
I like the A320/A319 in Y - the wider aisle is noticeable in overall comfort. In F though they are garbage.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 7:59 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
My second best upgrade of the year happened in MSP with a domestic 767; my inbound flight from DCA arrived about 7 minutes before scheduled departure of the 767; I somehow emerged from row 25 of the MD-90, ran over to the 767 gate (in F concourse), and, amazingly, they hadn't closed the door, and, even more amazingly, the little piece of paper popped out of the BP reader that made my night (I was GM then).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.