Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Companion Pass

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Delta Companion Pass

My first post here so I apologize in advance.

I have a Delta companion pass that I am not going to use. It needs to be used by 10/31/14 (sorry for the late notice). I am giving it away. Please PM me if you are interested.

Please move if this thread is not in the correct location.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 1:40 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Used by 31st? Or booked by the 31st?
Old Oct 22, 2014, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL DM
If it is an Amex Companion certificate, it most likely has to complete travel by October 31. It would also mean that you would have to give someone access to your account to be able to choose the certificate and book the flights.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 3:16 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
I thought you only needed the (5 digit?) voucher code?
Old Oct 22, 2014, 3:19 pm

Again, it if is a Amex Cert, they are supposed to be booked online, which means access to the SkyMiles account. You can call the promotions desk, if you are having online problems, but they will still want to verify the account information. At least that is what I have run in to.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 3:26 pm

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
If you end up finding someone, you can just book for them through your SkyMiles account (you are allowed to book Companion Pass travel for two people even though you are not flying), however they will have to be willing to give you their credit card info for the paid passenger (and the taxes for the companion).
Old Oct 22, 2014, 3:26 pm

Location: Minneapolis, formerly the shores of Lake Minnetonka
Programs: DL PM (and KM)
Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
Again, it if is a Amex Cert, they are supposed to be booked online, which means access to the SkyMiles account. You can call the promotions desk, if you are having online problems, but they will still want to verify the account information. At least that is what I have run in to.
I haven't looked at my most recent Amex companion cert, but they used to be transferable. As long as it is booked with a DL Amex he could theoretically transfer it to someone else who has one and they could book a trip with it.

But, if travel needs to be completed by Oct 31, those fares have 14 day advance purchase requirements so probably a no go.

EDIT: Just looked up T&C, the companion pass is transferable.

Transferability - The Companion Certificate is transferable, Primary ticket and Companion ticket are not transferable once issued. Companion Certificate may not be bartered or sold. Companion Certificates or Companion tickets acquired through prohibited sale/barter transactions are void and will not be honored for travel.
And I see that it doesn't always require 14 day advance purchase so my mistake on that.

Last edited by Ebes1099; Oct 22, 2014 at 3:33 pm
Old Oct 22, 2014, 3:30 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Ebes1099
those fares have 14 day advance purchase requirements so probably a no go.
Not always. I've been able to find stuff departing the following day/weekend.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

It needs to be used by 10/31. It is the Amex pass
Old Oct 22, 2014, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Sent it to EZEDoesIt

Thanks and good luck
Old Oct 22, 2014, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by Ebes1099
I haven't looked at my most recent Amex companion cert, but they used to be transferable. As long as it is booked with a DL Amex he could theoretically transfer it to someone else who has one and they could book a trip with it.

But, if travel needs to be completed by Oct 31, those fares have 14 day advance purchase requirements so probably a no go.

EDIT: Just looked up T&C, the companion pass is transferable.

And I see that it doesn't always require 14 day advance purchase so my mistake on that.
They are definitely transferable and do not have to be purchased with the members Amex. In fact, they can be purchased with any Amex card. Doesn't even need to be a Delta branded Amex. Just need to have access to the members SkyMiles account. I've done it.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 9:22 pm
Formerly known as jbalis

Programs: Delta Diamond, Starwood Gold, National Executive, MGM Noir,
that was nice of you to do that +1
if this ever happens again, I am a lowly government employee doing good work for people and can always use a pass to go see family, haha, look at me begging
anyway job well done!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.