Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New SC toiletries: Isaac Mizrahi

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:03 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
. . . . big squirt bottles of liquid soap and lotion
Originally Posted by Mdanner423
If I get to try a product free and I like it, i'm pretty likely to buy it, I'm sure i'm not the only one.
Just take along some empty little bottles, and squirt!

Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:26 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by HongKonger
How about focusing on comfortable toilet paper first?
^^^

I guess TP just isn't as easy to promote as hand lotion.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 5:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
Now I have to go figure out who Isaac Mizrahi is. I pretty much assume he's not a violin player?
Clothing designer. IIRC he's appeared as a guest judge or something other than a contestant on the reality TV show Project Runway at some point.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by HongKonger
How about focusing on comfortable toilet paper first?
When someone starts producing designer toilet paper and provides it free to DL as an advertising initiative, we will finally be relieved of the single-ply, "pile up five layers and you can still read a boarding pass through it", "the third world has better" bum wad that the Sky Clubs provide.

Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
When someone starts producing designer toilet paper and provides it free to DL as an advertising initiative, we will finally be relieved of the single-ply, "pile up five layers and you can still read a boarding pass through it", "the third world has better" bum wad that the Sky Clubs provide.

I'm almost surprised that the SC toilet paper doesn't have advertisements. Maybe later this year we'll see Coca-Cola polar bears in the lavatories, like the cocktail napkins of previous holiday seasons.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
I'm almost surprised that the SC toilet paper doesn't have advertisements. Maybe later this year we'll see Coca-Cola polar bears in the lavatories, like the cocktail napkins of previous holiday seasons.
Print the image of a certain DL executive on it, along with the slogan "We have your back(side)" and I can guarantee you that my consumption of the product would increase.

Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:06 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
^^^

I guess TP just isn't as easy to promote as hand lotion.
Have you seen the Kleenex branded TP in Marriott hotels? Every couple sheets "Kleenex" Is printed in blue.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Print the image of a certain DL executive on it, along with the slogan "We have your back(side)" and I can guarantee you that my consumption of the product would increase.

People would steal the toilet paper and desperately try to buy it on line.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 8:37 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
Now I have to go figure out who Isaac Mizrahi is. I pretty much assume he's not a violin player?
These would all be good places to start:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Mizrahi
http://www.isaacmizrahi.com/
https://twitter.com/IsaacMizrahi
Old Oct 21, 2014, 3:42 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tmontemb
Have you seen the Kleenex branded TP in Marriott hotels? Every couple sheets "Kleenex" Is printed in blue.
I guess I'm too busy using it to ever notice the print on it.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:20 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
I'm using a day pass this Saturday on a MR so I plan on visiting a lot of SC's.

Looking forward to JFK T4, ATL, LAX and maybe another if I can SDC. Look forward to trying the Mizrahi soap.

As a designer I think he's ostentatious and verbose. But as a soap licensee. Well winner winner chicken dinner. Haha.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Maybe the next season of Project Runway will have an episode based on something to do with an airport lounge, designer toiletries, or DL.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 11:26 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Maybe the next season of Project Runway will have an episode based on something to do with an airport lounge, designer toiletries, or DL.
Great idea. MSP, you could be a producer. "I wanna be a producer..."
Old Oct 22, 2014, 12:10 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I think that having high end restroom products is a good thing. The details matter.
That being said, the MSP restrooms could really stand to be remodeled, and hopefully with stalls that are fully private like at JFK T 4.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 1:18 am

Programs: AA Plat, FI Silver, DL alumnus
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
That being said, the MSP restrooms could really stand to be remodeled, and hopefully with stalls that are fully private like at JFK T 4.
I'm sure Larry Craig is hoping for the same thing, too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.