Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lap infant in TATL J?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by angatol
Don't most US airlines demand that you do not cross cabins in flight? Hopefully that will prevent the poor saps in coach from being disturbed by the J pax.
IIRC it's an FAA regulation that you have to remain in your ticketed cabin on an international flight.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 8:14 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbwmbw

Pets are not permitted in true J BE at all... So not sure how that's similar.

o
They are on AF and some other airlines. Not all airlines are as unfriendly to pets as DL and KLM are. I was talking in general though, I actually had a passenger tell me one time on a domestic flight that was sitting beside me in first that pets shouldn't be allowed.

I wish I would have thought to have told her that pets were allowed on Delta (and that I paid an absurd pet fee even as a diamond) and if they didn't like pets on planes they should fly private
IMO most pets are better than children so I don't understand the rule either... I would be the first to ask you to let me pet your pet.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 8:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by mbwmbw
IMO most pets are better than children so I don't understand the rule either... I would be the first to ask you to let me pet your pet.
The key word is MOST pets. Not all. Toddlers belong in the back, except mine. My little bundle of joy will be a Diamond within 3 months. He can have a beer, just like daddy, once we cross International boarders. Of course served warm in a bottle.

Fido can also have a beer, in dog years, he is older then me. He is also gunning for Diamond. 3 more millage runs and fido will get the coveted DL Diamond Collar. He is very proud. (kidding)

Please show me a rule that someone in F or C can not walk back to Y. I would love to see that in writing - on any carrier in the World!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Some FAs claim that main deck BE passengers can't go upstairs to the upper deck, for security. I think the reverse is allowed if someone wants to take a walk downstairs.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:11 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
They are on AF and some other airlines. Not all airlines are as unfriendly to pets as DL and KLM are. I was talking in general though, I actually had a passenger tell me one time on a domestic flight that was sitting beside me in first that pets shouldn't be allowed.

I wish I would have thought to have told her that pets were allowed on Delta (and that I paid an absurd pet fee even as a diamond) and if they didn't like pets on planes they should fly private
I wouldn't say the are unfriendly, they just don't want pets in premium cabins on International BusinessElite or business class on Delta and KLM respectively.

This has impact on me personally, but I can live with consistent rules. I have more trouble with the "emotional support" animals, since they are allowed in all cabins and there are no rules. Mostly, because I feel the entire "emotional support thing" is a shame. True service animals (for sight, hearing impaired passengers etc. no problem); but since there is no criteria for "emotional support" it's just a breeding ground for rule breaking. I refuse to do it, but it would make my life a heck of a lot easier if I just went the "fake" "emotional support" route.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 7:14 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by lhrpitlhr
Hey,

I actually ended up on an A330 - and went with middle seats C/G towards the front. Still the best option for couples?

My baby might fuss at some point over 8+ hour flight, and we will do anything in our power to soothe her, but I figure a walk around the the galley/bathroom area is always an option.

I'm actually kind of intimidated/nervous now. Not for me so much as mrs lhrpitlhr - flight is going to be much tougher on her than for me and I'm trying to reduce family stress/tiredness as we have a long itinerary....
By now you should know what is most effective at soothing her. Be prepared to do a lot of that.

If her ears bother her due to pressure changes, best bet for an infant is to feed, try to time it if you can (I know it's hard sometimes).

Don't be intimidated or nervous. Flying with little kids is stressful under the best circumstances and so long as you are doing what any good parent should to take care of your baby, you don't need to worry about what others are thinking about it. Anyone who doesn't like it, screw 'em.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 7:15 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
The same with flying with pets. I've gotten the eye a couple times when flying with our cats
Absolutely, so long as it is within the rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.