MQM and First Class

Old Oct 2, 2014, 5:25 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Prfrence
Check out the Alaska Airlines website. Alaska serves PHL.

Earlier this year, I needed to go to Maui for business. Delta LUT coach was $1,500.00 and their cheapest discounted premium fare was north of $2,500.00; Alaska had a full F fare at $1,900.00. I did get 200% MQMs from Delta for this.

Therefore, if you need an F fare to go someplace out west, make sure you check Alaska's site.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 7:01 am

Programs: DL DM; HH gold
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Can you show an example where delta.com searches by F fare class (not First/Business cabin), yield something other than F-basis fares?
I'm talking about UP fares, not full F fares. Up-fares are sold (on DL.com) as G, A, or P, but their basis is a coach fare (eg. Q, with an immediate upgrade). When things don't go as planned with these fares, there is a real possibility of you not sitting in the F cabin since the computer handles it as a coach fare and ignores the UP part. This despite the fare being sold to you as a "first class" fare.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.