Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

No Lounge Access for Elite Plus / International

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2014, 12:37 am
a7m
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Gold. SU Silver.

Was just turned away from a SkyTeam lounge in Moscow with my international boarding pass (flying Delta) and elite plus status. Was told that Delta instructed Moscow SkyTeam lounges not to honor delta elites. SkyTeam became a joke.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 1:59 am

Programs: Delta FO
Whenever we use the Moscow lounges, we have a specific lounge pass issued by Delta at our departing airport. Knowing what I know about how customer service operates in Russia, I wouldn't chance just showing a boarding pass and expecting entry, unless it was from a biz elite flight.

Were you flying in J or economy? What was your departing airport?

My wife was in SVO yesterday (and again today) on a domestic trip. She was also turned away as an elite plus because she couldn't prove her status: Delta "mailed" her Gold status package about 2 months ago, but we have yet to see it. Granted, she was not expecting entry on a domestic ticket, but she tried anyway

Last edited by richardinmotion; Sep 28, 2014 at 2:12 am
Old Sep 28, 2014, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by a7m
Was just turned away from a SkyTeam lounge in Moscow with my international boarding pass (flying Delta) and elite plus status. Was told that Delta instructed Moscow SkyTeam lounges not to honor delta elites. SkyTeam became a joke.
Which actual club was it? Aeroflot? Also to make sure was this when arriving or departing?
Old Sep 28, 2014, 10:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by a7m
Was the lounge operated by a SkyTeam member such as SU or was it a contract lounge?
Old Sep 28, 2014, 11:36 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Weren't there some posts a while back - not sure which, but, supposedly, either DL wasn't paying SU or SU wasn't paying DL for reciprocal guests, so it started this mini war thing? I remember seeing it, but, didn't really pay much attention to it, as I wasn't going there.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Go to https://www.delta.com/skyclub/viewSk...cations.action

No locations in Moscow are listed as accessible to Delta SkyTeam E+ passengers
Old Sep 28, 2014, 12:04 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by a7m
SkyTeam became a joke.
5.7 million flights per year, 588 million passengers, 1000 destinations, 178 countries, and nearly 1/2 million employees.....but a7m can't get into a lounge, so it is all a joke.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 12:07 pm

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
One thing to keep in mind when traveling international:

ALWAYS CARRY YOUR MEDALLION CARD ... whether FO,GM, PM or DM.

and if you are a SKYCLUB MEMBER also carry the SkyClub card.

Last edited by dd1612; Sep 28, 2014 at 12:37 pm
Old Sep 28, 2014, 12:09 pm

Programs: Delta FO
Originally Posted by javabytes
Go to https://www.delta.com/skyclub/viewSk...cations.action

No locations in Moscow are listed as accessible to Delta SkyTeam E+ passengers
The twin "Galaxy" lounges have always been accessible to me, as recently as a couple months ago. Perhaps it has changed since then.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
The following locations are listed at the airport, but may be outdated

* Terminal D BLUES Lounge
* Terminal D Jazz Lounge
* Second Floor Mezzanine – Opposite Gate 14 DATE Lounge
*Terminal B, Departure zone on the first floor Aeroflot
*Terminal D International Departures area. After customs and passport control, go left and take the elevator to the fourth floor Aeroflot
* Terminal D International Departures area. After customs and passport controls, go right and take the elevator to the fourth floor. Aeroflot
* Terminal D Domestic Departures area. After the security check, go right and take the elevator to the fourth floor. Opposite Gate 16. Aeroflot
* Terminal F, second floor past passport control across from gate 15 Aeroflot
* Terminal F, second floor past passport control across from gate 6 Aeroflot

The list was downloaded from Delta.com skyclub locations for SVO on 28SEP14 (delta.com)
Old Sep 28, 2014, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by DLroads
* Terminal D BLUES Lounge
* Terminal D Jazz Lounge
* Second Floor Mezzanine – Opposite Gate 14 DATE Lounge
*Terminal B, Departure zone on the first floor Aeroflot
*Terminal D International Departures area. After customs and passport control, go left and take the elevator to the fourth floor Aeroflot
* Terminal D International Departures area. After customs and passport controls, go right and take the elevator to the fourth floor. Aeroflot
* Terminal D Domestic Departures area. After the security check, go right and take the elevator to the fourth floor. Opposite Gate 16. Aeroflot
* Terminal F, second floor past passport control across from gate 15 Aeroflot
* Terminal F, second floor past passport control across from gate 6 Aeroflot

The list was downloaded from Delta.com skyclub locations for SVO on 28SEP14 (delta.com)
Yes... now check the box that says "Delta SkyTeam Elite Plus Member (Delta Diamond, Platinum or Gold Medallion)*"
Old Sep 28, 2014, 12:38 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is this the list for SC members, BE passengers, or SkyTeam ElitePlus traveling in coach on international SkyTeam itineraries?
Old Sep 28, 2014, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is this the list for SC members, BE passengers, or SkyTeam ElitePlus traveling in coach on international SkyTeam itineraries?
It's the full list for BE passengers. Delta SkyTeam ElitePlus and SC members do not show any lounges available for access in Moscow according to the lounge locations list.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ
It's the full list for BE passengers. Delta SkyTeam ElitePlus and SC members do not show any lounges available for access in Moscow according to the lounge locations list.
By my count, that's six SU lounges without ElitePlus access. I wonder whether SU treats their other SkyTeam partners this badly, although I do remember a previous lounge fight between SU and AF, apparently about fees.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
I was able to use the 'Blues' lounge this spring as a GM traveling in Y. Of course, it's a horrific lounge: i actually think the main terminal is nicer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.