Community
Wiki Posts
Search

lounge access/check in at BKK

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2014, 6:45 am
Original Poster

lounge access/check in at BKK

Good morning. GM/elite-plus flying out of BKK to JFK via NRT in a couple of weeks. Doing this trip on a bit of a budget so with the flight leaving at 6am I figured I'll try and save some money and get to the airport around midnight to camp out there before the flight.

I'll be in economy but will I have lounge access anywhere at BKK? I see there is an Air France lounge thats open 24 hours a day. Can I get in there? I recall Delta cut access to a lot of partner lounges but this does show up when i search so am not totally sure.

Additionally, what time can I expect to be able to check in for my flight to get airside and visit the lounge to nap/shower? Delta clearly doesnt have a big operation so i wouldnt expect to be able to check in at midnight, but when would it open? 2? 4? something else? (sorry, just found this http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ially-3am.html and it looks like that answered the question)

Thanks.

Last edited by injera; Sep 19, 2014 at 7:01 am
Old Sep 19, 2014, 6:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The changes are only about access to contract lounges, not those operated by partners. You can still use the AF lounge if the airport security setup lets you get to its door.

I'm sure others here have experience specifically at BKK, but I would expect the same arrangements as at SIN. Check in opens about 3 hours before the flight and before that, you CANNOT go airside, even if you have done OLCI and have no bag to check.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Sep 19, 2014 at 7:27 am Reason: typo
Old Sep 19, 2014, 6:50 am

I was there just 2 weeks ago. I checked in at 2:45. All the counters were already staffed with a few people already in the queue. My guess they opened at least as early as 2:30.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 10:03 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You can still use the AF lounge if the airport security setup lets you get to its door.
Yes - it does - all international concourses in BKK are interconnected. There is a CI Lounge - 2-3 minute walk from the AF lounge (don't know the opening hours)
Old Sep 19, 2014, 11:16 am

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
FWIW, I have twice used online check-in to print a BP that let me clear emmegration/security and get airside at 1-2 AM (the counters were not open then). It was not sufficient for boarding though (they yanked me out of the gate screening line to the counter, actually saved me time).

Obviously this is a YMMV situation.

On the lounge access issue, I have assumed the Louse Tavern lounges are contract, even if they carry an AF brand. As such, you should need a Biz class ticket to get in. Status should not work. But I have no direct experience, as I am not flying Y on that route.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 5:21 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
The delta.com Sky Club page shows no lounge access for ST Elite+ in BKK.

https://www.delta.com/skyclub/viewSk...cations.action
Old Sep 19, 2014, 11:28 pm

Programs: Skymiles, MPL Chase Premier
Originally Posted by exwannabe
FWIW, I have twice used online check-in to print a BP that let me clear emmegration/security and get airside at 1-2 AM (the counters were not open then). It was not sufficient for boarding though (they yanked me out of the gate screening line to the counter, actually saved me time).
You didn't get the USA-carrier 20 question-questioning, which is why you got yanked.

I can't comment on the facilities, because I had to do the "you cleared, now RUN FORREST RUN" to the gate...
Old Sep 20, 2014, 12:22 am

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
The delta.com Sky Club page shows no lounge access for ST Elite+ in BKK.

https://www.delta.com/skyclub/viewSk...cations.action
ST E+ traveling in coach can no longer access the third party lounge as of 5/1/14. However, there's an AF lounge in BKK which, according to SkyTeam website, opens 24 hours. The OP may be able to use that lounge.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 3:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by exwannabe

Obviously this is a YMMV situation.

On the lounge access issue, I have assumed the Louse Tavern lounges are contract, even if they carry an AF brand. As such, you should need a Biz class ticket to get in. Status should not work. But I have no direct experience, as I am not flying Y on that route.
At SIN, DL (and other USA carriers such as UA) claim that this isn't possible due to TSA regulations, while SIN itself would prefer that we be able to go airside and enjoy the airport, spend money in restaurants and stores, etc. For SIN, you go through OLCI and then can only print something that says you must go to the check in counter (after it opens) for the questions. OTOH, if you're connecting and are already airside, then you can answer the questions at the gate.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 2:19 pm

I am in the AF Lounge at BKK now. Delta Gold. Flight is Delta in economy class.

Check-in agent gave me an AF Lounge invitation pass, without my asking. Also gave me a Premium Lane pass for Immigration, but at 3AM it really didn't matter.

Pretty much have the lounge to myself. All is self-serve including liquor. There is also an espresso machine.

Last edited by lostone; Sep 20, 2014 at 2:30 pm
Old Nov 30, 2014, 5:27 am

Programs: DL DM 1MM, DL reserve, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Flying home back to the states tomorrow and will be trying the AF lounge tomorrow and hopefully will get in since I am flying in coach. Diamond medallion
Old Nov 30, 2014, 8:03 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Don't bother going anywhere but the AF lounge. They give you a pass to another one (that has about 4-5 locations) but its absolute rubbish.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 12:44 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, DL reserve, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
I received a express pass for immigration, pass to the AF lounge and a Sky priority pass for boarding. I flew coach.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.