Wiki Posts
Search

Targeted: Step Up Status Promo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2014, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hyatt Plat

I have been FO for the last two years. Since the announcement of MQDs I have jumped to AA and only flown one revenue oneway STL-DTW-PIT in 2014. I have otherwise cancelled my DL Plat AMEX and cashed in all my SkyMiles. As a student, I have always booked ultra cheap fares.

I received this postcard in the mail this week for what seems a great promotion.

"Register and fly by 11/21/2014:

3 RT delta flights to be automatically upgraded to Gold Medallion (through 02/2016)

5 RT delta flights to be automatically upgraded to Platinum Medallion (through 02/2016)"

Did anyone else get this promotion, and what are your status and flying patterns?

delta.com/stepupstatus
Old Sep 18, 2014, 1:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
That's disgusting: 5,000 MQM (or 10 MQS) and no MQDs enough for PM?
Old Sep 18, 2014, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Are you kidding me? I'm wearing myself out (charging every penny to my AMEX) to at least get back to PM, while others get it for hardly lifting a finger?
Old Sep 18, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TSA PreCheck
Oh man, that makes me SUPER angry. Delta really doesn't value its elites.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Thinning the herd continues -
Old Sep 18, 2014, 2:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
The link says only targeted are eligible but since the communications was via snail mail, we'll have to wait for those who meet the other criteria to try to register and report back.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 2:16 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Really makes me feel appreciated.

I get that they are trying to drum up business but there are other ways of doing that without diminishing my benefits.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold, UA Silver
So someone booking 5 SJC-LAX RTs at $136.20 each gets PM status through 1/31/16? For flying 5K MQMs in 2 months? And with no MQD requirement?

Really pathetic, Delta.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 2:24 pm

My spouse would qualify if it were simply fly 3 RTs, but book and fly is quite a bit of travel for an FO.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 2:32 pm

Programs: Delta Silver (former GM, fighting way back), Paid Delta SC Member, Hertz Gold, Gold HHonors
Sheesh - I've fallen back from GM, suffered through FO and don't know if I'll even qualify for FO this year due to the MQD+MQM requirement (very tight budget year).

I would easily jump on this for quick RTs since its without the MQM requirement. I am almost at the MQD threshold, but sitting about 7k MQMs short forcing me on longer, more expensive MRs out of my own pocket, but alas - I get a rock and others get a handout.

I've stuck with DL at the lower levels GM/FO for years in lieu of non-stop SW flights - makes me question why.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 2:39 pm

Programs: Delta Silver (former GM, fighting way back), Paid Delta SC Member, Hertz Gold, Gold HHonors
Originally Posted by leftcoast68
So someone booking 5 SJC-LAX RTs at $136.20 each gets PM status through 1/31/16? For flying 5K MQMs in 2 months? And with no MQD requirement?

Really pathetic, Delta.
Doesn't look like a MQM requirement either - just completed (5) Round-trips is all it takes regardless of MQD or MQM on those flights. Just needs to be on DL or DL Connection metal.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive

I have flown over 100,000 miles on DL (mostly on A and P fares) this year and credited it all to AS.

Have never been offered anything by Delta. Probably think they already get all my $ and don't need to give miles as well!
Old Sep 18, 2014, 2:53 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle, HHonors Silver, Delta Gold Medallion
I had no status this year after abandoning DL a couple years ago.

But thanks to the Seattle targeted offer, I'm receiving 12 months of Gold Medallion status, four months of SkyClub access and 25,000 RDMs for an outlay of $418. (Requirement was two K fare -- or higher -- round-trips on DL or DL Cxn metal within two months of registering; two SEA-PDX runs did the trick.)

If you call this route to GM disgusting, I can't blame you. These offers really undercut those earning it the hard way.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 2:55 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
On the other hand, wasn't the last one PM after only 3 RTs? They're raising the bar!

I'll hit PM next month and this is pushing me even closer to swtiching over to the AA bandwagon.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Again, trying to improve the "elite experience" by doubling the number of elites.

Next... PM through Feb 2016 for redeeming only 1000 soda can pull tabs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.