Wiki Posts
Search

DM moved out of EC on 13 hr flight

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2014, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
DM moved out of EC on 13 hr flight

So I booked SFO - DXB back in Feb. Picked a bulkhead, window, EC seat for the long ATL - DXB leg of 13 hours. Today I went in and see they have moved me back about 8 rows on the aisle. ...? I called in and the agent said there is no record or who or why they moved me. Sometimes they do for disability or I can also imagine needing the bassinet for an infant. No remarks on the record.

So plane is full. I'm stuck. Flight is in 4 days. Disappointing, to say the least.

Any suggestions?
Old Sep 14, 2014, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Emirates
Old Sep 14, 2014, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFO777
Emirates
Wow, that is super insightful. Thank you so much
Old Sep 14, 2014, 12:34 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
I would take any seat on EK over Delta as well, especially when there is a direct.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
If Y is full you may get an Op Up.

Can you throw a GUC at it?
Old Sep 14, 2014, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

So you are suggesting that 3 days before my flight I simply book a new ticket on Emirates? This is why this forum has gone downhill. Seriously.

I suppose I could just book a private jet. That would solve all my problems.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
If Y is full you may get an Op Up.

Can you throw a GUC at it?
That had crossed my mind, but BE shows full as well, but who knows. I don't have any GUCs.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL Diamond MM, SPG Platinum, Skywards Silver
I think that's BS, so I'm with you. Unfortunately, I think your best bet is going to be to handle it at the airport as a lot of things change on the day of the flight ( I understand this will leave you anxious for 4 days). Do you have any confirmation that at least shows your EC seat? email confirm?

I'd print it, play dumb when you arrive to check in, and hope for a sympathetic GA that might put you on the short list for an OpUp.

You don't get SkyMiles on Emirates, so ignore those suggestions. ha!
Old Sep 14, 2014, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Keep watching seats - you never know what might open up before departure. It also never hurts to ask the GA if an aisle/window EC opens if you can take it.

For those preaching fly EK, I've flown EK's 777s in Y and it was horrible - 3-4-3 in economy. It might be great for J/F pax, but the seating was terrible IMHO; food and IFE were great, but DL's IFE is fine on the 777 and I have yet to starve on a DL flight...if I were worried about the amount of food in Y I'd just bring my own.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 1:21 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Oouch.
Agree with Rwoman, keeps checking seats. Especially when OLCI opens and after that on the DOD, especially the last hours before departure.

Sad thing Delta doesn't allow EF anymore with the seatalerts
Old Sep 14, 2014, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lucycan
So you are suggesting that 3 days before my flight I simply book a new ticket on Emirates? .
Yes I am. I would. Then again, I would never have booked Delta in the first place. For those of us that have diversified our mileage programs, there are lots of comfortable options. Using Alaska miles, plenty of last minute Emirates award seats including First Class SFO-DXB on Wednesday, and via SEA on Thursday. And using American miles, Etihad First Class LAX-AUH on Tuesday and Thursday.

Last edited by SFO777; Sep 14, 2014 at 1:31 pm
Old Sep 14, 2014, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
change to a connecting flight?

ETA: Scratch that, I see the only option is ATL.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

DeltaAssist says I was "randomly moved during a schedule change yesterday". Really? Why would that be? Same plane and seat config.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Originally Posted by SFO777
Yes I am. I would. Then again, I would never have booked Delta in the first place. For those of us that have diversified our mileage programs, there are lots of comfortable options.
I'm almost a double DM, so I could personally diversify, but others might not be able to. He has a booked ticket for this week and is looking for advice on how to fix this problem. Telling him to walk away from this ticket and book on Emirates with cash or miles he may not have is useless and wasting his time.

Originally Posted by lucycan
DeltaAssist says I was "randomly moved during a schedule change yesterday". Really? Why would that be? Same plane and seat config.
Surely they can move a non-status pax from the seat you had? What was their suggestion?
Old Sep 14, 2014, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Thanks DeltaWings. They have no suggestion for me other than check with the GA when I arrive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.