Wiki Posts
Search

Check Doesn't Give BP for 2nd Flight

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Check Doesn't Give BP for 2nd Flight

This is a first, and wondering if others are seeing it. Wondering if it's a new policy on DL's part or just a random fluke for me.

Flying SFO-ATL-XXX tomorrow morning. When I checked in, it would only give me a BP for the SFO-ATL flight and not ATL-XXX (XXX is a domestic destination flown by mainline DL). On the print BP screen I also got this:

I've never seen that before, so it's got me a little confused. I'm confirmed/ticketed on the flight and have a seat assigned.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:10 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Since you have not provided your routing, e.g., "XXX" it is impossible to provide you with accurate information. Where is "XXX" and is your ATL-"XXX" DL-operated?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:16 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by roknroll
(XXX is a domestic destination flown by mainline DL).
Originally Posted by Often1
Since you have not provided your routing, e.g., "XXX" it is impossible to provide you with accurate information. Where is "XXX" and is your ATL-"XXX" DL-operated?
Unfortunately, I don't have an answer to this. Only can say that I was able to get a BP for both of my domestic flights today.

Was your ticket reissued recently by chance?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:45 am
Original Poster

The only thing that's out of the ordinary is that I called in and applied a RUC for SFO-ATL only, and specifically told them not to apply it to ATL-XXX. So I've got the whole "systemwide upgrade requested" listed for the first leg, and medallion complimentary upgrade requested on the second leg.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

I called in and they had no clue. They say it's showing me as checked in for the first flight, but not checked in for the second. Transferred to online support and they couldn't get it to work either. The only thing we were thinking was that the splitting of my RUC to only be applied to the first leg might be preventing me from checking in to the second leg until getting to T-24. Initially I tried checking in to the flight 24h in advance of the first leg, but I'll need to wait until around 4pm ATL time to try again for the second.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 1:30 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
... The only thing we were thinking was that the splitting of my RUC to only be applied to the first leg might be preventing me from checking in to the second leg until getting to T-24. Initially I tried checking in to the flight 24h in advance of the first leg, but I'll need to wait until around 4pm ATL time to try again for the second.
Sounds like ATL is a stop over and not a connection. Can one ever check on for legs past a stop over?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 1:42 pm

This is a first, and wondering if others are seeing it. Wondering if it's a new policy on DL's part or just a random fluke for me.

Flying SFO-ATL-XXX tomorrow morning. When I checked in, it would only give me a BP for the SFO-ATL flight and not ATL-XXX (XXX is a domestic destination flown by mainline DL). On the print BP screen I also got this:

I've never seen that before, so it's got me a little confused. I'm confirmed/ticketed on the flight and have a seat assigned.

It has happened to me. One leg was on Compass; DL staff said DL never prints Compass BPs as Compass is a totally different/separate company and their computers do not communicate with each other. (Howeer, at a different airport that day, gate staff had no problem printing the Compass flight BP.)
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

The Compass story sounds totally bogus, I've always had DL's regional airline BPs printed when it's a DL flight number which it should have been.

I did find a work around, but it's still weird. If I try to check in for the trip, I get the BP for SFO-ATL but not the second leg. However I can click on the "check-in" link in the upper right where it asks you to put in confirmation # and departure city (not from My Trips). If I put in my confirm and ATL as the departure city, it allows me to check in for the second leg and print a BP.

On a side note... I was able to get 2 HOOU certs this way... lol.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:46 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Programs: Delta Air Lines
Without knowing the specifics of the routing, it's hard to say exactly why you were presented with this document. Here is what I know about the Connection Information Document.

The way I know for this document to come about is having a connection with an airline that we don't have an interline agreement that allows Delta to check you in. An example of this would be having a flight going SFO to ATL on Delta and then going from ATL to LGA on another airline that we don't have an interline agreement for check in.

If this wasn't the case, could you provide a little more detail and we could try and see why you got that document.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 2:57 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
I had this happen about two months ago and again last week. Both times, the GA in the first city was able to check me out, check me back in and get the second boarding pass to print. The first flight was ORF-ATL-CLT, which was all DL metal. The second was SCE-DTW-ATL, with the first flight being a Connection Carrier. I did not lose my seat assignments, nor my UG on the second flight either time.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 3:00 pm

The Compass story sounds totally bogus, I've always had DL's regional airline BPs printed when it's a DL flight number which it should have been.

I did find a work around, but it's still weird. If I try to check in for the trip, I get the BP for SFO-ATL but not the second leg. However I can click on the "check-in" link in the upper right where it asks you to put in confirmation # and departure city (not from My Trips). If I put in my confirm and ATL as the departure city, it allows me to check in for the second leg and print a BP.

On a side note... I was able to get 2 HOOU certs this way... lol.

Do you mean my story is bogus or what the DL staff at the first airport told me is bogus?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

I mean that the staff's line about not being able to print Compass BPs is bogus.

My itinerary is SFO-ATL-IAH, all on DL flights operated by DL (not a regional carrier). I'll PM the details to Danny.

Edit:

Danny apparently can't receive PMs. I'm on DL1866 followed by DL929 SFO-ATL-IAH. Also to state again, I can't get the BP for the second flight when I go through the normal check in procedure via my trips. But if I manually try to check in using confirmation number and departure city, plugging in ATL as the departure city will check me in for the second leg and give me a BP.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:08 am
Original Poster

happened again to me today. Checked in for SFO-ATL-LIT, and I have a waitlisted RUC applied only to SFO-ATL leg (already cleared at the window for ATL-LIT). When I check in, it gives me my BP for the first leg, but not the second with the same "connection information document" as before. All on DL metal, no partners or regional carriers.

I think it's definitely a glitch related to having a waitlisted RUC applied to one segment only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.