Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MQD "Conundrum"

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2014, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
MQD "Conundrum"

Well, I'm not exactly sure what you'd call it, but it's an interesting occurence at least. In perusing my wife's MQD balance so far this year, I was surprised to learn that, after two paid(Z), intercontinental business class trips, with one more booked, plus two domestic coach class trips taken, she will still be 280 MQD's short of requalifying for GM! All trips were/are on 006 ticket stock. Oh well, guess it's a testament to my savy ticket purchasing.
But I'm not too worried since there's still four months to rectify the situaion. Just curious if anyone else is in a similar situation.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 8:51 pm

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Originally Posted by arkangel
Well, I'm not exactly sure what you'd call it, but it's an interesting occurence at least. In perusing my wife's MQD balance so far this year, I was surprised to learn that, after two paid(Z), intercontinental business class trips, with one more booked, plus two domestic coach class trips taken, she will still be 280 MQD's short of requalifying for GM! All trips were/are on 006 ticket stock. Oh well, guess it's a testament to my savy ticket purchasing.
But I'm not too worried since there's still four months to rectify the situaion. Just curious if anyone else is in a similar situation.
Vide two USA-India-USA trips in Z class my wife is > $5000 in MQDs, but short on MQMs!
Old Aug 31, 2014, 9:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dd1612
my wife is > $5000 in MQDs, but short on MQMs!
I believe this is a very common situation.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 9:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz 5*, SPG
I'm technically low on MQD. But, that is partly because of MQM rollover. Have amex waiver so it doesn't affect my status.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 10:27 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum, National Executive Elite, United Silver
Last year I had 81,000 MQM but ~$13,000 MQD. This year so far I'm 89,000/$10,600. Last minute travel is expensive out of PBI.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 6:13 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Yeah, after our next few flights (including flights to China and Germany) I will be short on MQDs and my husband will be short on MQMs (I had more rollovers last year than he did) We should make silver after our China trip. Decided probably not to try to add in a trip to get to gold and just take the rollovers, but that could change....
Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:27 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by arkangel
In perusing my wife's MQD balance so far this year, I was surprised to learn that, after two paid(Z), intercontinental business class trips, with one more booked, plus two domestic coach class trips taken, she will still be 280 MQD's short of requalifying for GM!
Well, she could get the DL Reserve AmEx and with enough spend, actually hit Plat this year with some MQM rollover to begin next year. Kind of amazing to me that it takes only four trips during the year to hit PM but no doubt others do it as well.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Mrs. Lee is just short of FO on MQMs. Just beyond GM on MQDs.

95% of her travel is leisure, and probably 1/3 of that in premium cabins.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.