Wiki Posts
Search

Intl wifi JFK-NRT?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2014, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Intl wifi JFK-NRT?

Hey guys, im booking a flight JFK-NRT-SIN and i have the option of doing the direct JFK-NRT, or breaking it up via MSP. I know DL said they were adding wifi to the JFK-NRT flight but the booking engine does not show wifi on that flight, tho we all know how unreliable that is. Can anyone confirm that the 747 from JFK-NRT has wifi? is it all of them or only select times?
Old Aug 29, 2014, 5:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
This wiki says that 15 of the 16 747s in the fleet have satelite wifi. No sure when the last one will be done. Presumably you're flying before 10/25, after which date DTW and HNL are the only US airports with scheduled 747s.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ration-48.html
Old Aug 29, 2014, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
As far as I'm aware all of the 747s in operation have Gogo satellite wifi. There was one ship, N661US, that hasn't been confirmed if wifi was installed but I thought I saw some reports that it was on there as well.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Perfect Is there a page with any pricing info for the international? I have the standard monthly pass, but as i havent flown any of the wifi equipped intl routes yet, not sure if they require a special one?
Old Aug 29, 2014, 6:15 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hilton Gold, Starwood Platinum, IHG Gold, Hertz PS
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Perfect Is there a page with any pricing info for the international? I have the standard monthly pass, but as i havent flown any of the wifi equipped intl routes yet, not sure if they require a special one?

I recently went from NRT to TPE and vice versa on the 747 and my monthly pass worked just fine for logging into the wifi so you should be good if your plane has wifi.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Fantastic thank you!
Old Aug 29, 2014, 6:27 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
WiFi worked from JFK-NRT pretty much the whole flight (with some gaps over Russian airspace) a few weeks ago. Flying back NRT-JFK, I couldn't get a login until US airspace and then only sporadically.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Flew SAN MSP NRT HKG this past Monday. Paid $12.95 for the one day mobile pass on my SAN MSP flight and gogo worked through my landing at NRT.

My sister flew LAX NRT on Sunday and it was $39.95 for gogo. Our NRT LAX flight yesterday was $29.95.

Old Aug 30, 2014, 12:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rwoman
Flew SAN MSP NRT HKG this past Monday. Paid $12.95 for the one day mobile pass on my SAN MSP flight and gogo worked through my landing at NRT.

My sister flew LAX NRT on Sunday and it was $39.95 for gogo. Our NRT LAX flight yesterday was $29.95.

What metal was the MSP-NRT leg on? My alternate route with a layover via MSP is on a 777, wouldnt mind breaking it up a bit and tacking on a few more MQM for the same price (if theres wifi!)
Old Aug 30, 2014, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What metal was the MSP-NRT leg on? My alternate route with a layover via MSP is on a 777, wouldnt mind breaking it up a bit and tacking on a few more MQM for the same price (if theres wifi!)
MSP NRT was a 744. AFAIK, no 777s have wifi yet.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 3:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Delta Skymiles Platinum
Hey guys, im booking a flight JFK-NRT-SIN and i have the option of doing the direct JFK-NRT, or breaking it up via MSP. I know DL said they were adding wifi to the JFK-NRT flight but the booking engine does not show wifi on that flight, tho we all know how unreliable that is. Can anyone confirm that the 747 from JFK-NRT has wifi? is it all of them or only select times?
I can't comment on the wifi but if you have the option I would definitely take the JFK-NRT nonstop. There is no reason to stop in MSP if you don't have to.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: DL DM (.00123 MM), UA 1P, Marriott PLT, HI GLD, SW PLT
Your standard monthly subscription works, for now. I would expect GoGo/Delta to add an "International" option once the entire fleet is outfitted.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 8:32 am

Programs: DL DM MM
Do any other birds besides the 747 have intl wifi yet?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JTmoney
Do any other birds besides the 747 have intl wifi yet?
AFAIK, only the 744s are equipped with the int'l wifi.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:36 am

Programs: DL DM MM
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.