Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Does Delta AX Reserve provide me with complimentary access to Centurion Lounges?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Delta AX Reserve provide me with complimentary access to Centurion Lounges?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2014, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL exDM MM

My question is in the title.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 1:48 pm

Programs: DL FO, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, AMEX Platinum, AMEX DL Platinum, Nexus, TSA PreCheck
To my knowledge, only Platinum (possibly varieties?) and Centurion charge cards provide free access.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
No, DL Reserve is an affinity card that offeres benefits ONLY related to DL. To access the new AMEX Centurion Lounges (which are A-MAZING...expect DFW which is always a noisy zoo) you must, as the previous poster indicated, have either a non-cobranded AMEX Platinum card or a Centurion card. I would also assume the uber-chic black card gets you in as well.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 2:03 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
The uber-chic card is the Centurion card. The Centurion card will get you JW Blue at the bar for free whereas the Platinum won't.

You will need an Amex card (any Amex card) to enter for a fee. $50 and a VISA card will get you a smile but no entrance.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM

No. It does not get one entrance into the AMEX Centurion lounges.
Only the AMEX Centurion and the AMEX Business Platinum gets one free entrance into the Centurion lounges.
I do not know about the Mercedes Benz Amex Platinum!
Old Aug 29, 2014, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dd1612

No. It does not get one entrance into the AMEX Centurion lounges.
Only the AMEX Centurion and the AMEX Business Platinum gets one free entrance into the Centurion lounges.
I do not know about the Mercedes Benz Amex Platinum!
AMEX Personal Platinum (non-branded) works as well. "Platinum Card® from American Express Exclusively for Mercedes-Benz" looks to be a regular Amex Plat card and should work as well.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 12:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Some Centurion lounges have a separate inner room only for Centurion or only Centurion and regular AmEx platinum charge cards. People who pay to enter or those who are sent from airlines using it as a contract lounge can't enter the nicer inner room.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 5:22 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Some Centurion lounges have a separate inner room only for Centurion or only Centurion and regular AmEx platinum charge cards. People who pay to enter or those who are sent from airlines using it as a contract lounge can't enter the nicer inner room.
There was nothing like this in Las Vegas. It's all the same lounge. Plus to my knowledge there are only 2 or 3 Centurion Lounges - LAS, DFW and I think there's a new one now?

Best $100 we spent the whole trip! We landed at 7:00am and had until 1:30pm to kill, exhausted family of 4 coming off a horrible Hawaiian Airlines flight. Husband used the wonderful shower, we had breakfast and lunch, took naps (we took up the 3 chaise lounges facing the window that are about the size of a smallish double bed). Service is excellent. I would not hesitate to go back if I had a long layover.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 6:11 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by happymommy
There was nothing like this in Las Vegas. It's all the same lounge. Plus to my knowledge there are only 2 or 3 Centurion Lounges - LAS, DFW and I think there's a new one now?

Best $100 we spent the whole trip! We landed at 7:00am and had until 1:30pm to kill, exhausted family of 4 coming off a horrible Hawaiian Airlines flight. Husband used the wonderful shower, we had breakfast and lunch, took naps (we took up the 3 chaise lounges facing the window that are about the size of a smallish double bed). Service is excellent. I would not hesitate to go back if I had a long layover.
They are opening one at MIA (in the North / D terminal) in the fall...
Old Aug 30, 2014, 7:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by happymommy

I was thinking of EZE.

IIRC there's at least one thread on the lounges in the AmEx forum. There should be a full list there.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by krlcomm
They are opening one at MIA (in the North / D terminal) in the fall...
At the Aspen Food & Wine Festival, the Amex Centurion Lounge team mentioned they are also opening Centurion lounges at LGA and SFO this year too.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 10:32 am

Anyone aware if the Business Platinum also works?
Old Aug 30, 2014, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by knoa_knows
Anyone aware if the Business Platinum also works?
Yes, business and corporate Platinum cards are also eligible for complimentary access.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz 5*, SPG
Anyone know whether SFO lounge will be airside (unlike the SC)?
Old Aug 30, 2014, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Profchemnerd
Anyone know whether SFO lounge will be airside (unlike the SC)?
I don't think it's been officially confirmed, but the general consensus among the speculators is that it's going to be airside. Either way we know it's going to be in T3, so it's going to be inconvenient, if not inaccessible, to DL flyers.

Also, the new DL lounge at SFO will be airside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.