Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Did Delta fix the upgrade list on the website?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2014, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott PP

I was checking on my flight and I clicked "view upgrade list" knowing that it's almost always wrong; I noticed for the first time the list now shows upgrade and standby passengers separately. Has anyone else seen this, and is it reliable?
Old Aug 29, 2014, 9:23 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Welcome to FT! It was changed a while ago, and appears to be as reliable as the app.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 3:26 pm

Programs: DL DM; HH gold
Originally Posted by TTT
Welcome to FT! It was changed a while ago, and appears to be as reliable as the app.
Good. Hopefully now they can fix the incorrect showing of the UG list in the Iphone app when doing a 2 segment trip.

I'm not sure if it is just my phone, but the app does not correctly display the UG list for the second segment, it always pull the old information from the first segment (I have to watch the gate screens to get the right info for the second segment).
Old Aug 29, 2014, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Both have always worked for me 99+% of the time. YMMV.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by HDQDD
Both have always worked for me 99+% of the time. YMMV.
It's a timing thing. The upgrade list for the first segment populates at T-24 for that segment, and then at T-24 for the departure time of the second segment.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 12:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ajwright
I was checking on my flight and I clicked "view upgrade list" knowing that it's almost always wrong; I noticed for the first time the list now shows upgrade and standby passengers separately. Has anyone else seen this, and is it reliable?
I'm not convinced that it's fixed. For my most recent flight, I saw a single wait list on the app which was called an upgrade list but actually it was the standby list for non revs hoping to get BE seats.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 12:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by woodenshoe101
Good. Hopefully now they can fix the incorrect showing of the UG list in the Iphone app when doing a 2 segment trip.

I'm not sure if it is just my phone, but the app does not correctly display the UG list for the second segment, it always pull the old information from the first segment (I have to watch the gate screens to get the right info for the second segment).
On my most recent experience, it showed the list for the first flight about half of the time, but other times (up to the scheduled departure time of the second flight) it showed the apparently correct "upgrade" list for the second flight but was actually the standby list for nonrevs hoping to get onto the second flight in BE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.