FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   What does PREM mean on my boarding pass? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1607060-what-does-prem-mean-my-boarding-pass.html)

micstatic Jun 10, 2010 11:45 am

Delta boarding pass question? PREM

So I just printed my boarding pass and it says PREM under seat 6A within the box. What does this mean?

sterno24 Jun 10, 2010 11:57 am

Originally Posted by micstatic (Post 14111128)
So I just printed my boarding pass and it says PREM under seat 6A within the box. What does this mean?

I think that is when you are in the PREM (1st class) cabin...
According to the conversation here...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post14002357

Are you on a 757/767/777?

iamhereandthere Jun 10, 2010 12:07 pm

Oh fancy looks like the new boarding zones are printing right then.

PREM boards before zone 1.

fti Jun 10, 2010 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by iamhereandthere (Post 14111284)
PREM boards before zone 1.

So "zone 0" :D.

Actually it is the best way for DL to cover themselves since they announced Sky Priority and all DM/PM/GM allowed to board in Zone 1. Those in F/C rebelled loudly, so DL backtracked and said they will allow F/C pax to board first after all. But since now they can't tell DM/PM/GM that they can no longer board in Zone 1, they made a Zone 0. snafu.

milesho Jun 10, 2010 3:27 pm

OK. I have PREM on both my boarding passes tomorrow. Just thinking of possibilities: Premium, premier, premature, premise, prema donna? :D

(Yes, I know how to spell prima donna!)

MNAudiS4 Jun 10, 2010 3:28 pm

Another cluster on DL 1678 ATL-MSP, had PREM and sitting in FC, but the GA decided it was best to just call zone 1, 70 people rushed the GA. i am glad after 10 days they still do it the old way. As well the flight that came in from DFW sat and waited 5 or so minutes until he wondered back to go down and operate the jetbridge.

DLATL777 Jun 10, 2010 3:53 pm

I have yet to have PREM print on my boarding pass, even today. Really awful for GA's to not do it right and calll Zone 1 ATL-LAX and not PREM then Zone 1. Whats the point in changing the system if you dont enforce it? Its a joke.

RobOnLI Jun 10, 2010 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by sterno24 (Post 14111227)

Are you on a 757/767/777?

FYI, "PREM" on the boarding pass is not specific to plane type. It is supposed to be printed when the passenger is confirmed in First Class (either paid or upgrade).

I had a MD88 flight to DTW just now and PREM was printed on my boarding pass. It's also printed on my connection which is a 757 (I'm confirmed in first on that one, too).

-RM

sterno24 Jun 10, 2010 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by RobOnLI (Post 14112588)
FYI, "PREM" on the boarding pass is not specific to plane type. -RM

oh yeah...understood.

Just verifying that when the OP said seat 6A...that PREM indeed meant up front for them...and wasn't meaning something else for some reason.

Flew 2 legs on Sunday (6/6) up in front...

Zone 1...no PREM printed on both my boarding passes. Just haven't seen it yet.

micstatic Jun 10, 2010 7:06 pm

[QUOTE=sterno24;14113185]oh yeah...understood.

Just verifying that when the OP said seat 6A...that PREM indeed meant up front for them...and wasn't meaning something else for some reason.

yep, I'm first on a 757. Thanks for the answers guys.

CulturalGuru Jun 13, 2010 6:24 pm

"PREM" appears on boarding pass

I just checked in for a flight tomorrow and saw that instead of a zone number, "PREM" appears on my bp. However, on the second leg of my itinerary, my BP says Zone 1.

I had a flight last week and didn't see "PREM" (same flight as tomorrow).

Does anyone know what this is? I assume it stands for Premium, but is that part of SKy Priority or something else? And how come it only appears on one of my BPs?

CMK10 Jun 13, 2010 6:27 pm

Are you in First or Business on your first leg and Coach on your second one?

CulturalGuru Jun 13, 2010 6:34 pm

Yes- I was upgraded on my first leg and second leg doesnt offer Biz/FC (Its a regional plane). Just curious if this was new because as I mentioned, I was booked on this same flight last week and "PREM" didnt appear and I was also in Biz.

exwannabe Jun 13, 2010 6:41 pm

"PREM" on my BPs also.

Boths flights had an equipment change if ths matters.

Int. M tick upgraded with miles to Z

BTW, it also shows "NO MILES/UPG" under my name status. I do hope this means some code "NO" + "Miles/Upg".

fti Jun 13, 2010 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by CulturalGuru (Post 14126776)
Yes- I was upgraded on my first leg and second leg doesnt offer Biz/FC (Its a regional plane).

Originally Posted by RobOnLI (Post 14112588)
FYI, "PREM" on the boarding pass...is supposed to be printed when the passenger is confirmed in First Class (either paid or upgrade).

PREM won't appear on the cnx with no F/J class.