ATL Masterplan 2021

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
ATL Masterplan 2021

Hi All,

There is proposed for Atlanta Jackson International Airport. They will built more new parking garage in the domestic terminal, the entire concourse T, A, B, C, D will be remodernization, the entire concourse E into the domestic gates, and also, they will built east of Maynard Jackson int. terminal, and proposed new sixth runway, as well. Delta cargo will be relocate, too. They will move to south side of Atlanta Jackson International Airport near sixth runway.

Looks like preliminary ATL master plan out there

http://www.aviationpros.com/news/116...cks-6th-runway

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/b...=image_gallery.

Let the speculation begin.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I vote that they put a Coke Freestyle machine at every gate. I can't think of a better way to modernize the airport and represent the city of Atlanta at the same time.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:22 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Adding "Concourse G, H, and I"

Hopefully that'll be south of rwy 9R/north of rwy 10 as it would be a major hassle to DL and others to destroy the maintenance facility and everything else that's east of concourse F.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by N639DL
Is going to be new concourse G, H & I? I think planetrain will have extend the lines to concourse H or I.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
I was hoping that the master plan was to move ATL to some location with better weather.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 2:38 am

Wow. That will truly be a monster. I agree with StayingHomeIsBetter, I thought this plan would include building a giant climate control device around the airport

JM
Old Aug 29, 2014, 5:35 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/3.4 MM, DLAmex Plat, PC Plat, MR Gold, HH Diamond, National Exec Elite, Hertz Gold 5*
They've had plans for the 6th runway for a long time. Back before the recession and when regionals were really big, the plan was to add another runway and regional terminal out between the 5th & 6th runway for that traffic.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 6:32 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by N639DL

Hopefully that'll be south of rwy 9R/north of rwy 10 as it would be a major hassle to DL and others to destroy the maintenance facility and everything else that's east of concourse F.
They're basically half concourses, as with F. Rather than run in both directions from the plane train, they only go away from where TechOPS is.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 10:11 am

Programs: DL PM, IHG, Hilton, Starwood
The biggest thing this is missing: non-sterile people mover connectivity between the Intl terminal the rental car facility and MARTA rail. The south end-around taxiway will be a welcome addition.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 10:21 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
I can't tell if the plan includes the long-proposed South Gate Complex in addition to GHI concourses. Or are those gates at the South end of the map just new cargo facilities?
Old Aug 29, 2014, 10:28 am

Programs: DL Medialia Platina
Originally Posted by 18sas
I can't tell if the plan includes the long-proposed South Gate Complex in addition to GHI concourses. Or are those gates at the South end of the map just new cargo facilities?
The article indicated that the South Gate Complex would be abandoned for construction of G-H-I:
The airport's last master plan envisioned a separate new terminal/gate complex south of the main terminal, but the new one drops that idea in favor of new concourses to the east of the existing ones. That maintains the airport's efficient design and enables easier connection to the Plane Train, airport managers said.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 10:46 am

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
I'm just shocked that someone thinks that ATL needs three new concourses.

I would like to see some money for moving sidewalks along the concourses. Having to connect from B1 to B36 is a royal pain.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by 18sas
I believe those "gates" are all for cargo.

What I haven't seen answered is whether the new concourses will be designed for international use. I would think so, since apparently E will be converted to domestic and F is nowhere near big enough to handle the peak hours by itself.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 11:00 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
I was hoping that the master plan was to move ATL to some location with better weather.
That's debatable. ATL's weather is great in the winter! DTW/MSP, not so much.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 11:16 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by ThrowDownYourLeavyScreens
The article indicated that the South Gate Complex would be abandoned for construction of G-H-I:
The airport's last master plan envisioned a separate new terminal/gate complex south of the main terminal, but the new one drops that idea in favor of new concourses to the east of the existing ones. That maintains the airport's efficient design and enables easier connection to the Plane Train, airport managers said.
Ah, thank you. I skipped right over that paragraph. GHI is a better alternative. I believe that all the non-DL airlines were not very happy about the South Gate Complex proposal, since the plan was essentially to move everyone but DL there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.