Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Status Match Challenge Qs - MQM promos/bonuses

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2014, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Hi Everyone,

Long time flyer, though rather new to Delta and just joined FT. Been reading a lot on the forum and its been very informative. I'm hoping some of the experts on here can help me or point me in the right direction for some help with my status match to PM (from UA 1K), and didn't see any discussion of my question in the status match posts I've read.

Does anyone know if MQM promos (like the SEA double MQM) count towards MQMs for the status match?

I think that I read that the biz/first 50% MQM class bonus counts towards the status match MQM total, but just wanted to verify.

Unfortunately, I'm flying JFK-AMS on KLM, and not DL metal, so that won't count, but still looking forward to a flight on their 747 anyway...

Thanks in advance for the help!
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:46 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by dagwag77
Unfortunately, I'm flying JFK-AMS on KLM, and not DL metal, so that won't count, but still looking forward to a flight on their 747 anyway...
Why won't this count? It's a Delta partner, use your SkyMiles number, you should get MQMs for KLM flights.

Or does the challenge only allow the earning to occur on Delta metal?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Why won't this count? It's a Delta partner, use your SkyMiles number, you should get MQMs for KLM flights.

Or does the challenge only allow the earning to occur on Delta metal?
It looks like I'll get the MQMs from the KLM flight, but those MQMs don't count towards the status match. The status match terms say flights on "Delta or Delta Connection." Bummer. I just hope that the double mile promo MQMs count...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.