Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club how soon after making DM?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Sky Club how soon after making DM?

If I were to take a flight that crosses me into DM (hooray!) territory, would I be able to use the Sky Club immediately or do I have to wait until I receive a membership card? Any idea how long the latter would take?

Thanks in advance for your help
Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by aznrower
If I were to take a flight that crosses me into DM (hooray!) territory, would I be able to use the Sky Club immediately or do I have to wait until I receive a membership card? Any idea how long the latter would take?

Thanks in advance for your help
Immediate. You do not need a card it is in your profile as soon as you become DM.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:21 am

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by avidflyer
Immediate. You do not need a card it is in your profile as soon as you become DM.
Plus as I understand it, there is a DM card and a Skyclub card in your profile on the Fly Delta app.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by avidflyer
Yes, but DM status does not take effect immediately after the flight is complete. I suspect one would not be able to enter until the flight has posted and DM status is noted in your profile.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yup, you have to wait until the flight and MQMs post, and your profile reflects your new DM status. That part is usually just a couple days, so you can't take your qualifying flight and get in after you deplane.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by LBJ
Yes, but DM status does not take effect immediately after the flight is complete. I suspect one would not be able to enter until the flight has posted and DM status is noted in your profile.
Which is why I said "when you become DM". Once it is reflected in your profile it is both DM and SC.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Understood, thanks everyone for your comments.

I have back-to-back Sunday/Monday flights so we'll see if the miles post in time to use on the Monday layover.

thanks again
Old Aug 27, 2014, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Prem1K, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
Plus as I understand it, there is a DM card and a Skyclub card in your profile on the Fly Delta app.
Correct. Open the App and then tap on "My Wallet". On the next screen will be an electronic skymiles card of appropriate Medallion tier and below that, for DMs (or, presumably, people who purchase a membership) will be a Skyclub e-card. Tap that, and a scannable (QR? whatever those things are) bar comes up, which can be read by a reader in a skyclub.

That said, I think it will be at least one overnight for the miles to post (assuming miles are on DL or KLM, IME)

O/H
Old Aug 27, 2014, 5:10 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Occupationalhazard
Correct. Open the App and then tap on "My Wallet". On the next screen will be an electronic skymiles card of appropriate Medallion tier and below that, for DMs (or, presumably, people who purchase a membership) will be a Skyclub e-card. Tap that, and a scannable (QR? whatever those things are) bar comes up, which can be read by a reader in a skyclub.

That said, I think it will be at least one overnight for the miles to post (assuming miles are on DL or KLM, IME)

O/H
SkyClub will appear on your boarding pass once the DM status is noted in your profile. Showing the card is not necessary, just the BP and your ID.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 12:13 pm
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
Where do you buy the upgrade to the executive membership to bring guests in?
Old Aug 30, 2014, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by fintheman
Where do you buy the upgrade to the executive membership to bring guests in?
You don't need it yet; through February 28, 2015 you have an Executive membership yet.

Starting March 1 next year, you can use a choice benefit to upgrade your individual membership to an Executive membership. I don't remember seeing a cash price, or if it's possible to upgrade for $$$.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by aznrower
You'll eventually get a card, which might matter with some partners. It doesn't with DL. (I think it took a couple of weeks, but I don't really remember.)

If your flight moves you to DM, you might try calling in and asking if they can do anything about expediting the MQMs posting for your new status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.