Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Promotion : Upgrade to Gold Mediallion + 2 Month Sky Club

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2014, 9:10 am
y99
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Alaska MVP, Delta Silver

I've never ever gotten a Delta Promotion that made sense to me. Out of the Blue one shows up today :

Seems like it was targeted towards folks in Seattle

Text Below

Bonus Offer: If you meet the eligibility criteria to participate, you will receive Gold Medallion status and a Delta Sky Club Individual Membership for two months. The two months of Delta Sky Club membership and your promotional qualification period are effective the same date you register. The two months of Gold status are effective the day following your registration. During the two-month complimentary period, you will not have access to the following Medallion benefits: reciprocal Medallion benefits with Delta's partner airlines, access to lounges other than Delta Sky Club locations and Gold Medallion mileage bonus. In order to extend your Medallion status and Delta Sky Club Individual Membership, you'll need to purchase and fly two paid(*fare classes F, P, A, G, J, C, D, I, Z, Y, B, M, S, H, Q, K) roundtrips on Delta or Delta Connection-marketed and -operated flights within two months after registering. Codeshare flights operated by carriers other than Delta and Delta Connection are excluded from this offer. Only tickets purchased with a published fare that earns full mileage accrual will qualify. Your Gold Medallion status will automatically be extended for 10 months beginning the day after your final qualifying flight, your Delta Sky Club Individual Membership will be extended an additional two months and you will earn 25,000 bonus miles. Bonus miles earned with this promotion do not count toward Medallion or Million Miler™ status.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Winners –
-- Anyone who signs up for this promo.
-- Look ma, no MQD requirement!

Losers –
-- First two months, DL Golds who fly on <K fares hoping for UG’s
-- First four months, more SC crowding

Originally Posted by y99
Your Gold Medallion status will automatically be extended for 10 months beginning the day after your final qualifying flight, your Delta Sky Club Individual Membership will be extended an additional two months and you will earn 25,000 bonus miles.
As always with these DL promos, many questions…

What if you complete the promo reqs in, say, the first month? Do they tack on 10 months after that or do you have 11 more months? If 11 months, is the first month the same as the original 2-month restrictions?

After completing this promo, it sounds like you qualify for full Gold status but they don’t say that specifically. Would be quite disappointing to learn that during this 10-mo period, you still wouldn’t receive any reciprocal benefits, no codeshares, no bonus RDM’s, no STE+ status.

And it is pretty weird that after completing the promo reqs but not all the Medallion reqs like MQM/MQD in 2015, someone’s status could expire next Oct or so instead of 01/16 like everyone else.

If you qualify, go for it. Sounds like no downside. Might even be able to use it to match to AS if that's a goal.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 10:35 am

Programs: DL FO, HH Gold
Wife received this offer yesterday. She dropped from FO to no status this year. Switched her earning over to AS last year since most of her flights for work are shorts hops to eastern WA on AS and wouldn't earn MQDs.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
I'm certainly glad that DL management is so consistent in their focus on relieving SC overcrowding.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 8:57 am

"Only residents of the State of Washington, as determined by the primary address on file for your SkyMiles account, are eligible... To be eligible for the status upgrade, a member must (i) register online by October 15, 2014, and (ii) not have received a status match or complimentary Medallion® status in the past."

So, how far back do I have to remember, about status matches? Don't remember getting one on DL, but the 90s are kind of a blur for me...

And existing tickets don't count. I might rebook one in K, and switch into A from another carrier on trip #2. Have to slip in under the 2-month limit on the return, and be careful about how they measure a "month".

Ironically, this would make the spend which I wasn't planning to attempt -- but I won't need it.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 10:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Note that V X E fare tickets don't count for the required two RTs nor do our old favorite sLUT fares.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 9:23 am

I guess there just aren't that many of us out here, but I've had surprising upgrade success after falling from gold to Silver a few years back. If Delta succeeds in taking over in Seattle, that will make many more of us, but at least they're giving me a year's head start with this Gold challenge thingie.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: DL - Diamond. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum. Starwoods - Lifetime Platinum
I just hope DL will take care of 200k ++ a year milers and not deflate everything so that membership becomes a joke. *sigh* hate the double MQM bonus from/to SEA already.

But I guess I understand their need as they are doing a major push for a base in Seattle.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:20 pm

Well, you'll probably always be all right as a Diamond, and above me on the board by a couple of notches. MQM hardly matters anymore, and being 15th out of the 15 seats open like my last time is just as good as being #1.

I'm mostly checking out international airlines for places I want to go, but DL can keep my attention awhile longer doing things like this.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:24 pm

Btw, request to the Mod to put "Seattle/ Washington" in the header?
Old Aug 25, 2014, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Do you have a link? Where is it? Can I see it?
Old Aug 26, 2014, 3:19 am

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by N830MH
Do you have a link? Where is it? Can I see it?
https://www.delta.com/mypromos/acela...ffer=seattle25
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:29 pm

Programs: UA 1p, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver
Any good fare K and above from Seattle? I also got this promo, might actually do a quick run to qualify for gold..
Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:22 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TSA PreCheck
Originally Posted by dodododododo
Any good fare K and above from Seattle? I also got this promo, might actually do a quick run to qualify for gold..
You could do it to LAX on a K fare for like 400$...
Old Aug 29, 2014, 1:55 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Not just a Seattle offer - there is a similar non-Seattle offer:

https://www.delta.com/mypromos/acela...fer=fasttrack1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.