Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The new, fresh, tasty SkyClub menu beginning Aug 14h

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The new, fresh, tasty SkyClub menu beginning Aug 14h

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:42 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
Skinny pop is processed low fat/lower calorie popcorn, nothing like the Garrett's they use to have. Costco carries it and has samples of it sometimes and I have tried it there and it isn't too bad and will be a nice low calorie alternative. No where near as good as the Garrett's but I'm sure has a lot fewer calories.
Garrett's is popcorn perfection.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by berliner5000
More surprisingly, the nutella is going away. The limitless nutella packs were the only redeeming quality of the LAX SC.
This is a most disturbing development.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Yes. The mini sandwiches served during the trial period were just a tease.
The good news is you can still get them free in ATL, right across from the F Skyclub, at "The CLUB at ATL"! :-:^
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Delta Points
The good news is you can still get them free in ATL, right across from the F Skyclub, at "The CLUB at ATL"! :-:^
Only if you have access through PP or want to pay.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Harlem
Let's just hope the "Locally sourced bagels" are actually locally sourced from a bagel shop.

Previously the clubs just carried bread that was in the shape of a bagel - now we can hope that we'll actually get a real bagel.
A real bagel is proofed at low temperature and boiled in a basic solution before baking, has a crispy outside and a doughy or chewy inside. None of the chain "bagel" stores I've ever been to (like Einstein's) has ever served me a real bagel, and I'm not optimistic that the large number to be purchased by the SCs will be real bagels either, even if they are "locally sourced" (usually a BS term). To get real bagels you have to go to local mom and pop places. I'd be VERY impressed if the SCs served real bagels.

With a user name like "Harlem," you have real bagels available nearby. I'm jealous.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Garrett's is popcorn perfection.
I hate that stuff, less for itself but more for what it does to the kids people bring into the club. They go nuts over the sweet, caramel stuff, loading up on it, grabbing it with their sticky hands right out of the jar, swarming the snack bar, dropping it all over the floor, etc.

Will be good for their health to move away from it too.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by stencil
I hate that stuff, less for itself but more for what it does to the kids people bring into the club. They go nuts over the sweet, caramel stuff, loading up on it, grabbing it with their sticky hands right out of the jar, swarming the snack bar, dropping it all over the floor, etc.

And then they touch the furniture or me with those sticky little hands....and of course their mommies and daddies never offer to pay the cleaning bills for the damage done by their offspring.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:18 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
Skinny pop is processed low fat/lower calorie popcorn, nothing like the Garrett's they use to have. Costco carries it and has samples of it sometimes and I have tried it there and it isn't too bad and will be a nice low calorie alternative. No where near as good as the Garrett's but I'm sure has a lot fewer calories.
Popcorn itself has no fat and is low calorie. The problem is where you add oil and butter to the mix.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Only if you have access through PP or want to pay.
Yes - hard to make sarcasm come across on printed page
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by HongKonger
This is a most disturbing development.
Not As disturbing as the biscoff going away
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Delta Points
Yes - hard to make sarcasm come across on printed page
You print out FT threads?? I'd be terrified to see your paper and toner bills...
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Speaking of SC snacks, at RDU we get these cream cheese stuffed peppers that are actually good. I haven't seen them at other locations, though.

Are we RDU peeps special?

(please say yes)

I hope we don't lose those starting tomorrow. Guess I'll find out next week.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
I too am a bit disappointed. For $695, you'd think that they could include at least small wraps/sandwiches, like they have in the Air France lounge. The new items are a definite improvement, but not that much.

The biggest improvement seems to me to be the reduced crowding in the clubs.
Good point... I am disappointed as well considering the substantially increased annual fee. Soup and salad are nice... definitely not what I'd call 'dinner' however in their advertisement. Some additional breakfast items are a plus, and healthier snacks but does that really justify $695? I don't think they're going to pull in more memberships with this offering.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by stencil

And the cheese popcorn was even messier. It got all over my hands and I needed to grab a stock of napkins, but it is SOOOO good

Something to remember though is that there are lot fewer kids in the SC now with the May 1 changes.

Skinny pop is good and a lot healthier but nothing like the cheese popcorn from Garrett's.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by gooselee
You print out FT threads?? I'd be terrified to see your paper and toner bills...
Giggles - nahh - use PDF creator but my inbox is REALLY full!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.