Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The new, fresh, tasty SkyClub menu beginning Aug 14h

The new, fresh, tasty SkyClub menu beginning Aug 14h

Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:35 am

Programs: DL Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Happy about the Bailey's. Would like to see chili as someone else suggested.

Has anyone been to any of the "monthly tastings?"
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by cinnamon121
Happy about the Bailey's. Would like to see chili as someone else suggested.

Has anyone been to any of the "monthly tastings?"
No, sadly I'm missing one by exactly 24 hours, in a lounge I'll be using for several hour.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by ross123
Oh... close, but incorrect

(PS, since I borrowed his image I will give him a free plug. Nolan is a buddy of mine and writes some interesting articles on his blog about poker and life - www.nolandalla.com).
My mouth is watering...now just put up a pic of a bottle of Plymouth and I'll have to leave work early...
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:52 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by boss315
Makes the United Clubs seem like homeless shelter soup kitchens!
no, homeless shelter soup kitchens have soup.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:57 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott TE, and Reformed AMEX Cent
Let's just hope the "Locally sourced bagels" are actually locally sourced from a bagel shop.

Previously the clubs just carried bread that was in the shape of a bagel - now we can hope that we'll actually get a real bagel.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:12 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by AeroWesty
Where did you see that? It's still on the Luxury Bar menu for $7.
It's listed on the page that the internet link goes to as complimentary.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:21 am

Programs: Delta PM, National Executive Elite, Avis First, Starwood Lifetime Platinum
Angry I can't believe this is what we waited for....

Originally Posted by OHDL1
The new menu and items I know you've all been waiting for...

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...d-updates.html
You know, for an airline that is hitting so many things right, this is an epic fail.

BASICALLY, this comes down to added cereal, soup, and some dressed up snacks. Oh, english muffins and hard boiled eggs too. I'm sure the eggs will smell great.

Seriously, for a membership that costs so much, this is a huge let down and disappointment.

I was in Air France club in Dulles yesterday. So simple and so delicious.

EPIC FAIL DELTA.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Still no drinkable gin?
Or beer.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Or beer.
Or house wine.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by AtlantaX
You know, for an airline that is hitting so many things right, this is an epic fail.

BASICALLY, this comes down to added cereal, soup, and some dressed up snacks. Oh, english muffins and hard boiled eggs too. I'm sure the eggs will smell great.

Seriously, for a membership that costs so much, this is a huge let down and disappointment.

EPIC FAIL DELTA.
Right, but the AF lounge is a different model.

I actually think this is pretty reasonable. Very decent breakfast items (I'd bet that the vast majority of people eat cereal, bread, fruit, and/or eggs plus maybe a breakfast pastry and they have those covered). They also have reasonable soups (wish they'd vary it more, but can't ask for everything), salads and a variety of dessert-type things (cookies/cheesecakes) and some appetizers. It's not the Centurion lounge, but considering what AA and UA have and what we had last month, this is pretty impressive. Additionally, the complimentary liquor is getting back to what they had (I believe only the gin and scotch now are below what they had in early 2013). If only they'd improve the beers too.

But on balance, I prefer this to what we had pre-alcohol devaluation, as I like to have a decent snack more than a drink in the lounge.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:29 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by AtlantaX

EPIC FAIL DELTA.
I too am a bit disappointed. For $695, you'd think that they could include at least small wraps/sandwiches, like they have in the Air France lounge. The new items are a definite improvement, but not that much.

The biggest improvement seems to me to be the reduced crowding in the clubs.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Or house wine.
I think even the house wine would taste better if it were not out of a .79 cent IKEA glass!

Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:35 am

I'm not sure: rotgut (or plonk for the Brits) served in Reidl is still undrinkable rotgut.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:40 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
My wife will be happy.
Bailey's is fine with me. You got spoiled by the free Woodford at IND which was one of a very few SCs that had this. Gamer!
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
I too am a bit disappointed. For $695, you'd think that they could include at least small wraps/sandwiches, like they have in the Air France lounge. ...
Yes. The mini sandwiches served during the trial period were just a tease.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.