Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The new, fresh, tasty SkyClub menu beginning Aug 14h

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The new, fresh, tasty SkyClub menu beginning Aug 14h

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2014, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL-Diamond; UA-Silver (moan); Hilton-DIA; Marriott-PPE; IHG-Plat; NC-Exec Elite
I love you Delta, and would rather give you money at the sky bar for a premium drink than any other airport vendor. But, if you can't give me a cherry or bitters with my Bulleit Rye manhattan, I have learned my lesson.

Mr. Anderson, you're doing a great job in many areas...this seems like a simple one to tackle. Who's in charge of Food and Beverage here?
Old Sep 30, 2014, 11:29 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by mdaecher
I love you Delta, and would rather give you money at the sky bar for a premium drink than any other airport vendor. But, if you can't give me a cherry or bitters with my Bulleit Rye manhattan, I have learned my lesson.

Mr. Anderson, you're doing a great job in many areas...this seems like a simple one to tackle. Who's in charge of Food and Beverage here?
The same guy who made SkyMiles such great program - Slippery Jeff.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Silver. Former AA gold. UA MP and DL Plat AMEX cardholder
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
That's part of the new menu. They're pretty tasty.
Yeah I had them in the MSP club a few weeks ago complete with the indulgent self serve bar. They were of high quality.

Unfortunately at around 8pm they took away the salad and soups so I didn't get to try them. I got a flight to EWR via DTW in a few weeks so I look forward to the LAX and DTW breakfast/lunch club offerings.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by REPUBLIC757
Yeah I had them in the MSP club a few weeks ago complete with the indulgent self serve bar. They were of high quality.

Unfortunately at around 8pm they took away the salad and soups so I didn't get to try them. I got a flight to EWR via DTW in a few weeks so I look forward to the LAX and DTW breakfast/lunch club offerings.
If you're at LAX for breakfast I'd recommend walking over to T6 and just using the AS boardroom. They have the pancake machine and raisin toast and a lot better coffee than the SC
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
If you're at LAX for breakfast I'd recommend walking over to T6 and just using the AS boardroom. They have the pancake machine and raisin toast and a lot better coffee than the SC
Interesting -- do they accept the AMEX corporate card (waives the fee) like at the skyclubs?
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by REPUBLIC757
Interesting -- do they accept the AMEX corporate card (waives the fee) like at the skyclubs?
No, but they will take the PP Select membership that comes with Amex Plat.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cmd320
No, but they will take the PP Select membership that comes with Amex Plat.
Don't have it. Looks like I'm stuck with the LAX Sky Club
Old Sep 30, 2014, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
It appears that the chicken salad may now be history at the ATL Clubs. Last week and the past two days that I have stopped there the feature was the spicy roasted corn salad. I do like the corn but much prefer the chicken salad.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 4:31 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by monitor
It appears that the chicken salad may now be history at the ATL Clubs. Last week and the past two days that I have stopped there the feature was the spicy roasted corn salad. I do like the corn but much prefer the chicken salad.
Perhaps they're rotating in a new option? I like the idea of changing things every few months to keep the options fresh. If you're visiting a club 2 or 3 times per week after a few months you might want to try something different than the same ole chicken salad.

I haven't had either dish so I cannot comment on the taste of either.

Finally getting the chance to check out the SC with the new food options for a trip in a couple weeks (have a 4 hour layover in ATL so figure it's time to burn the one free SC Day pass I have). Look forward to it..
Old Oct 1, 2014, 4:37 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
They're rotating some of the selections...the chicken salad is supposed to be back.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 6:54 pm

I agree. If they had had the chicken salad this weekend to tide me over, I would not have had to grab a quick and horrible meal at ATL in between flights.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
grab a quick and horrible meal at ATL in between flights
I really try to go via ATL so I can get to a Krystal for the great burgers! It's the only reason I fly through ATL.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 10:29 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
They're rotating some of the selections...the chicken salad is supposed to be back.
You don't rotate out the only low carb high protein option for a pure carb no protein option.

That seems completely obvious, but obviously it's not!
Old Oct 2, 2014, 10:08 am

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by relangford
I really try to go via ATL so I can get to a Krystal for the great burgers! It's the only reason I fly through ATL.
For me it's Chick Fil A since we don't have those in NYC. At least I can get a White Castle burger if I venture out to Queens.. no such luck for Chick Fil A.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 10:29 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
It's been over a week since I've seen the chicken salad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.