Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The new, fresh, tasty SkyClub menu beginning Aug 14h

Old Aug 30, 2014, 11:55 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
Menu looks pretty decent. Much better than previous offerings at the club. I'll take it!
Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:52 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
I believe that, if you go back far enough, Crown Rooms had proper tableware at one time also.
They absolutely did! I remember well real plates and silverware in the Crown Rooms and being admonished by my father growing up that I needed to be careful because I was going to break a plate.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
I believe that, if you go back far enough, Crown Rooms had proper tableware at one time also.
Crown rooms actually had Crown for free. Ahhh the good old days.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 4:18 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
I remember once doing a report on airlines in high school and I went out to LAX to get info and was also waiting on some friends to fly in for my graduation (moved during high school which sucked). Anyway, DL took me on a tour of T5 (I was a DL FF then as well and this was in the 90s) and took my dad and I up to the club. They gave me some good info and when they learned that we were waiting on an ATL-LAX flight for my friends to arrive, DL invited us to stay in the club. It was my first time in the club and my dad had never been to a CRC either. We had some food while we were there; I don't remember what we ate but I remember it being good!

Last edited by Pathfinder813; Sep 2, 2014 at 4:19 pm Reason: Whoops, bad grammar!
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm disappointed by the post August 14th replacement of the black plastic little paltes by the small white paper ones which look cheaper and less attractive. Plastic isn't great, but at least there was a nice design and the black looked stylish. Basic thick white paper also allows liquids to soak through and seems more likely to bend when it contains something heavy.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:50 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm disappointed by the post August 14th replacement of the black plastic little paltes by the small white paper ones which look cheaper and less attractive. Plastic isn't great, but at least there was a nice design and the black looked stylish. Basic thick white paper also allows liquids to soak through and seems more likely to bend when it contains something heavy.
What are you putting on your plate that is so heavy that it causes the plate to bend? I've seen nothing in the club that is really dense.

I hope those new plates are biodegradable.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 9:20 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Bagels can be heavy. Also, sometimes one puts a beverage on a plate with a little bit of food so that both food and beverage can be carried with one hand.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The mini cheesecakes at ATL F looked just like the ones you sometimes find at Hyatt Regency club lounges.
Wait, when do they have cheesecake???
Old Sep 3, 2014, 9:42 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mnredfox
That's part of the new menu. They're pretty tasty.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:39 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold

Just encountered the evening offerings for the first time. Actual chicken in the chicken salad. This is a huge improvement after a decade or so of straight cutbacks in domestic airline clubs.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 12:38 am

Apparently in the evening. That was when I saw them in ATL and then again at MSP F/G around 8 pm. At MSP, they were in the refrigerator under the counter, to the left of where the raw veggies are kept. At ATL, they were on a serving plate in about the middle of the buffet counter along the wall to the left of the luxury bar.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 7:17 am

Programs: DM/3MM
It's hit or miss. I've found the offerings inconsistent. Most recent example: I was in the ATL T club at 5:30pm on Tuesday, and they said that they had already run out of the chicken salad, and they wouldn't be getting any more in that night. You know, because there weren't any clubs nearby from which it could be procured...
Old Sep 4, 2014, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
It's hit or miss. I've found the offerings inconsistent. Most recent example: I was in the ATL T club at 5:30pm on Tuesday, and they said that they had already run out of the chicken salad, and they wouldn't be getting any more in that night. You know, because there weren't any clubs nearby from which it could be procured...
Obtaining replenishment from other clubs at a hub airport (or rather, not obtaining...) seems to be commonplace for the Sky Clubs. But, what do you expect for a measly $695/year?

Have seen the same lack of foresight at DTW, on multiple occasions.

Once, in the distant past when the clubs still served a decent gin, the central club on the DTW A concourse had no tonic. Having a longer than typical layover, I went to the Concourse C and (with the permission of the staff there) took a small supply of tonic back to A... just to demonstrate how it could be done. Gratifyingly, someone took the hint and stocks were replenished before I left for my next flight.

Currently, in these days of Gordon's gin, it wouldn't be worth the hike... even to prove the point.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Obtaining replenishment from other clubs at a hub airport (or rather, not obtaining...) seems to be commonplace for the Sky Clubs. But, what do you expect for a measly $695/year?

Have seen the same lack of foresight at DTW, on multiple occasions.

Once, in the distant past when the clubs still served a decent gin, the central club on the DTW A concourse had no tonic. Having a longer than typical layover, I went to the Concourse C and (with the permission of the staff there) took a small supply of tonic back to A... just to demonstrate how it could be done. Gratifyingly, someone took the hint and stocks were replenished before I left for my next flight.

Currently, in these days of Gordon's gin, it wouldn't be worth the hike... even to prove the point.
DTW clubs are awful about that. One time they were out of club soda and in the fridge at one of the end clubs and the person restocking said they were out of it. I asked at the front desk if the other clubs had it and she called main and told me they did They expect me to walk over to Main instead of having someone bring some club soda over. Same thing happened with Biscotti one time.

I've been in both DTW and ATL clubs where the dishwasher was broke and they were using plastic and paper cups for drinks (I hate those disposable cups they use at DTW since they don't have the sleeve holders and the outside gets hot fast) instead of just bringing over real glass from another club. I can understand if it's a place like ORD or MIA where they only have one club, but for a hub with multiple clubs, doesn't seem like it would be that hard to use the dishwasher at another club when they are charging members almost $700 a year.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 5:45 pm

Location: Just relocated to Phoenix, so I guess that does it for Delta for me
Programs: DL "Annual" GM 2MM, AA lifetime Gold 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hertz President's Club
Just had my first opportunity to try the new food lineup for breakfast (ATL) and lunch (LAX). I was suitably impressed with the new offerings for breakfast, but the afternoon selection was great! The Italian wedding soup was hearty and hot and flavorful, and the chicken salad was amazing. Wish I could have talked them into letting me have a bagel to make a sandwich with the chicken salad but no luck. All in all, best improvement at the club since I became a member in 2002.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.