Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

flight attendants taking 1st class cookies

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

flight attendants taking 1st class cookies

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2014, 12:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by matthew64832
This is what I was thinking too, sometimes people decline to be served a meal... what is the policy for dealing with those extra trays?

Seems a bit of a stretch, but maybe the FA saved the cookie from a previous flight, and the caterers really did mess up and not load desserts for your flight. Unless you saw the FA with like, all 12 cookies or something, there's no real way to know for sure.
AFAIK the unwanted meals are fair game for FAs to consume, provided that doing so doesn't prevent them from doing their job duties. I'd hope that no one would consume unwrapped or uncovered food that had been on a tray given to a passenger. The salad, sandwich, or main course could look untouched, but you never know--the passenger could have coughed and sneezed on the food.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 1:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by DLFan2
So dishonesty is OK in situations deemed to be unimportant by a particular observer?

My observation is that someone who is dishonest in "little" things is much more likely to be dishonest in "big" things.
exaaaaaaactly
Old Aug 5, 2014, 1:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by Scatter
Isn't there a "Most ridiculous thing to whine about" thread some where?
yes, this belongs under it. So what, a FA took a few cookies, OH NO!! Call the cookie police someone!!!
Old Aug 5, 2014, 4:37 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Better re-read the OP. I read "no dessert in 1st."
Sorry, didn’t read it that way. Now it sounds like on the outbound, there was no dessert on the dinner tray but the FA took ‘a bunch’ of them to the back (?). On the return, he got his cookie but the FA took 4 – he counted ‘em, 4! – to the back of the plane for whatever reason.

It would never enter my mind to wonder what happened to those vanishing cookies but the OP could have made this simple by just asking the FA instead of creating an incomplete post that inevitably leads to wild FT speculation.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 5:55 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by HongKonger
exaaaaaaactly
not exaaaaaaactly when the OP doesn't know if he/she was even entitled to a cookie. Ask the FA.....end it there. If OP would have asked the FA, he/she would have probably received a cookie whether or not he or she was entitled to said cookie. Instead, FT chimes in "write a complaint", "put the FA in their place"....all when FT has NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED. This is a "frequent" flyer website...not the Guardians of the Galaxy.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 6:03 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DLFan2
So dishonesty is OK in situations deemed to be unimportant by a particular observer?

My observation is that someone who is dishonest in "little" things is much more likely to be dishonest in "big" things.
Maybe. But being "more likely to do something" doesn't mean that one will actually do it. Should we sanction people only on the basis of what they might be likely to do ? Spielberg's A.I. comes to mind, and all that stuff about free will, God, being human, etc.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 6:08 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by thesaints
Maybe. But being "more likely to do something" doesn't mean that one will actually do it. Should we sanction people only on the basis of what they might be likely to do ? Spielberg's A.I. comes to mind, and all that stuff about free will, God, being human, etc.
You are forgetting the venue in which you pose the question. Someone sits on a plane for 125,000 miles and doesn't get exactly what they want when they want it, and the sanctions start flying.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 6:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bubbashow
not exaaaaaaactly when the OP doesn't know if he/she was even entitled to a cookie. Ask the FA.....end it there. If OP would have asked the FA, he/she would have probably received a cookie whether or not he or she was entitled to said cookie. Instead, FT chimes in "write a complaint", "put the FA in their place"....all when FT has NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED. This is a "frequent" flyer website...not the Guardians of the Galaxy.
I suppose you are looking at this situation with the argument-ending rule of "you must obey all crew member instructions". In that case I guess we should all just be greatful that they don't zip-tie is to the seats. The cookies should have been on the tray.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 6:22 pm

OK. So FA's can't partake of the food taken on board for passengers' consumption.
Ever.
Otherwise what would happen if the FA goes around with a fully stocked basket. Every passenger picks to his/her heart's content. Said FA then eats a leftover cookie and a passenger decides he wants seconds ?
Old Aug 5, 2014, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by iCorpRoadie
IBFTL?

Its a cookie.....its just a cookie!
starts with a cookie and what is next? Seriously, it's not about the cookie it's about the FA taking part of the meal what was meant for the customer for their own purposes. It's frankly not o.k. to this @ any business and Delta is no different.
If there are leftovers and some pax return things then that's totally o.k. to take IMO.

Last year I reported a UA crew who had the audacity to not serve ANY meal but stand in the front galley eating the passenger meals such that everyone could see it ... so yes, it can get worse
Old Aug 5, 2014, 7:18 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Platinum (Life), Emirates Gold,GHA Black
Who really cares but you?
Old Aug 5, 2014, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
If there are leftovers and some pax return things then that's totally o.k. to take IMO.
Define "leftovers".

Last year I reported a UA crew who had the audacity to not serve ANY meal but stand in the front galley eating the passenger meals such that everyone could see it ... so yes, it can get worse
Do you mean they stole all the meals, or that there was no meal service scheduled ? One thing is much harder to believe than the other...
Old Aug 5, 2014, 7:40 pm

Programs: None that I am proud of anymore
What is this that I read of - Flights have meals ! And there are extras and
left-overs and there is plenty of food for the F/As to scavenge.
Did this happen today recently or was this a fabled story out of a couple
decades ago ! I thought the selections were coffee; cola; tea or me and
low fat sodium free pretzels and allergy resistant nuts. But wait there is
more of less of this - there are cookies must be a figment of the imagination !
One is lucky to get a dram of one's favorite liquor even if requested when
boarding.
So I would guess that it is back to business as usual - so you bought a seat
from A to B - now sit down fasten the seat belt and get up and leave the
aircraft when told. Any extra service is with a FEE and ringing the call button
will cost you big time.
Seriously I expect a big chocolate chip cookie when in the front cabin on
Sun Country airlines but Delta * cookies ? F/As walking thru the cabin and
cookies in a basket - must be hallucinating - this can not be *** They just
walked by me with my hand up and mouth watering grin and then the
curtain was pulled on this act - No cookies - no service - end of act 3 scene
3 fade to black and curtain opened F/As appear with chocolate mustaches
Oh we are so sorry we are out of cookies better luck on your next flight !

Dream the impossible dream - your worst nightmare - no need to go to a
theatre or peruse the video entertainment on board you have ventured into
the twilight zone of cookie thievery at 30000 feet !
Enjoy the rest of your flight chocolate free of temptation - but the urge to
really do something to someone while turning into a hulking cookie monster !

If I can't get my caffeine coffee fix with cookie I get that way !

Now what was the issue something about crew and cookies - the airlines
have cookies - - - - - - -
Old Aug 5, 2014, 7:48 pm

Programs: Delta DM/1.3MM, Marriott PP/LTP, Natl EE, Etihad Guest, FT FNG
I just went and got chocolate chip cookies from the Marriott Lounge (I know different thread).

Also, it's always nice to be awakened on a TATL by the smell of freshly heated cookies.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer

What was the outcome?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.